Double Clicking On Cells Slowing Down Work

• Hi

The following code is used to allow the user to double click on any cell in column B or D of that worksheet and peform a routine (in this case, a simple message box appears).

My problem is that it slows down any work on that worksheet. If I select a cell or anything, the bottom left hand side of the screen says "Calculating cells" and counts from 0 to 100%.

Any idea of how I can avoid this? It is very annoying!

Cheers
    Johno

• Re: Double Clicking On Cells Slowing Down Work

Hi

Code
    Check = ActiveCell.Column

should probably be

Code
    Check = Target.Column

Now, it's normal that this kind of event slows down your workbook. But not so dramatic as in your case. Do you have other Events leading to code? Before this code you have never had this same problem?

Wigi

Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.com ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

Hi

Target.Column has same effect. There is a lot of formula on the worksheet, but not that much. If its normal, then i guess I'll just grit my teeth and bear it.

Cheers
    Johno

can't you play around with Calculation method, setting it to Manual and back to automatic ( if necessary )?

filippo

It strikes me that the slowing down only occurred after the Double Clicking event macro. This macro only fires if there is a couble click. And then, its routine also is simple enough to not cause so much troubles. There must be something going on I guess.

Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.com ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

As a suggestion, by process of elimination comment out lines in the beforedoubleclick event until eventually the routine does nothing (i.e. all lines would be commented out). This would prove/disporve whether or not its a coding issue.

Do you have anything in the Worksheet_Change, Worksheet_SelectionChange, Worksheet_Activate or Worksheet_calculate events?

An option is also to turn off screenupdating/event updating/calulation to manual...

Ger

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same? Because Oct 31 = Dec 25... ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!