Extend Range To Longest Column

• I had asked about automatically naming regions and this is an extension of that post because it's closed. The code we ended up with to name the region is:

My problem now is that I need to have the regions be the length of the longest column. I've tried using a few different ways using the worksheet range but I can't seem to get it to work.
    Thanks in advance for the help!

• Re: Changing Region Size In Vba

This might do it:

Code
    sRT = "=offset(" _
    & Target.Address & _
    ",1,0,counta(" _
    & Cells(2, Target.Column).Resize(Target.CurrentRegion.Rows.Count - Target.Row).Address & _
    ") )"

p45cal

If you mean

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71733

It isn't closed. Stick to one thread until the question is solved!

p45cal: I tried that code buy just substituting it in for the line that started the same way. I ran into an error, am I using your code wrong?
    royUK: "Automatically Naming Regions" would not let me post when I tried. It said it had expired (I think that's the term it used).
    ByTheCringe2: You're right that it is a slightly different question, thanks for sticking up for me. ;)

Use this perhaps;

• Re: Extend Range To Longest Column

For a quick hack, SN, see if this change works:

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

re: "p45cal: I tried that code buy just substituting it in for the line that started the same way. I ran into an error, am I using your code wrong?"

What error? What line?
    Make sure nothing's been mangled in you copy/pasting. I always test code before posting, and if I haven't, I'm explicit about it.
    If it still fails, post that code as you copied it and a few lines above and below (or even the whole macro if it's not too long) saying what the error says and what line it stops at.

p45cal

I'm getting an error on the line beginning with sRT it is an "Object Required" error. Here is the entire macro:

Could it be a problem because it's being run from a module?

Quote from StillNew

Could it be a problem because it's being run from a module?

Yes, there's no longer a Target object. Goal posts moved, so try this, it might work (depending on Currentregion giving the full region, which in turn depends on no complete blank rows and columns:

p45cal

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!