Autofilter Between 2 Times

• Hi, i have a nice little table with lots of colums on informtion using an auto filter... my issue is i cant seem to get the auto filter to play nicly with the time column...

08:42:20 <<< that is how the time is formatted hh:mm:ss

now what i use a custom auto filter and try and filter all records from after 19:00:00 and before 07:00:00 it never brings anything up its blank even though i know there are records from in between these times..

any ideas...

• Re: Autofilter To Filter Time Greater &amp; Less Than

Quote from ByTheCringe2

You mean AFTER 07:00:00 and BEFORE 19:00:00. Or you use
    BEFORE 07:00:00 OR AFTER 19:00:00.

in the autofiler under custom there is no options for BEFORE and AFTER
    the options im using is

"is greater than or equal to" and "is less than"

Column C cells are not times, but in text format. Attached is the same workbook (less vba code to save space) with column C text converted to Excel times with a filter before 8am (there weren't any pre 7am calls) and after 7pm in place.
    p45cal

how do i convert the data into time format? because im pasting the data from elseware then correcting all the data, dont know if you have seen the macros iv wrote in there....

Don't understand why that should stop it working? Alphabetic fields get selected by alpha sorting, don't they, so I would have assumed numeric text would also be selectable.

I did it manually by putting this formula in cell N4:
    =TIMEVALUE(C4)
    and filling down, then copy/paste special back to column C, then formatting that column to time.
    However a bit of code can do it in situ:

Code
    Sub blah()
    For Each cll In Range(Range("C4"), Range("C4").End(xlDown))
    cll.Value = TimeValue(cll.Value)
    Next cll
    Range(Range("C4"), Range("C4").End(xlDown)).NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss;@"
    End Sub

p45cal

Quote from milkshake

how do i convert the data into time format? because im pasting the data from elseware then correcting all the data, dont know if you have seen the macros iv wrote in there....

I see that you start with some string in C4 (and down), you apply the formula
    [bfn]--MID(C4, FIND("":"",C4)-2,8)[/bfn] in column O which actually seems to give valid results (I'd have preferred to see [bfn]timevalue(MID(C4, FIND("":"",C4)-2,8))[/bfn]) but you then proceed to convert it to text with [bfn]TEXT(O4,"hh:mm:ss")[/bfn]. I don't think that last step is required (what's more, it could be what's screwing it up). Try copy/pastespecial values back into column C directly from column O and then format the whole column as Time with:

Code
    Range(Range("C4"), Range("C4").End(xlDown)).NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss;@"
    'or
    Range("C4:C" & lastrow).NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss;@"

I'd like to hope that your filter would work properly then.
    p45cal

[bfn][/bfn]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!