Exclude Network Path In PivotTable Based on Sharepoint

• I have an excel file linked to a sharepoint 2007 network space. Everytime I open the file, my pivot tables will not refresh, because the source of the pivottable seems to update automatically to include the network drive name on them which somehow causes a problem. Is there anyway to solve this? I put a snippet of the source in the pivottable as an example.

"http ... /PMO/Shared%20Documents/Finance/Budget/2008/2008%20What%20If%20Budget.xls'!=WhatIf"

• Re: Exclude Network Path In PivotTable Based on Sharepoint

The problem is that all the text prior to the "=WhatIf" causes the formula to break. When I attempt to refresh the data, excel spits out an error "Cannot open PivotTable source file '2008%What%If%Budget.xls'"

I experience the same issue every day. I always have to change the pivot table data after saving the file to sharepoint, closing and reopening. The problem i see varies, but most often I need to add the tab name before the !$ in the data selection field. Occasionally the pivot table data is referenced by a URL which is also wrong. Impact is that the table does not refresh.

I am having this problem with an Excel 2003 workbook (10 pivot tables) and a SharePoint folder. Somehow, it replaces my named range (called 'TheDataSet') in the PivotTable wizard (step 2) with a string "'http://sharepointcentral/marketing/enterprise/Shared%20Documents/FOO.xls'!TheDataSet". Apparently, there is no solution to this issue?

Nezzo,

Posting your question in threads started by others is a violation of the forum rules and is known as thread hijacking. Posting solutions is acceptable.
    ALWAYS start a new thread for your question and if you think it is helpful to clarify your thread you may include a link back this thread (or any other).

Start a new thread and be sure to give it a title that uses ONLY search friendly key words that accurately describe your thread content or overall objective. Do not use non-essential words like "help", "urgent", "I need", or assume a solution in the title by referencing Excel functions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!