Set Multiple Pivot Tables To 1 Source Range

• Im using MS Excel 2003, have multiple pivot tables of which the data source has changed. I have connected the pivot tables to an external database and it seems to be trying to refresh the same data for multiple pivots although it is the same data source. I know you are able to look at the same pivot table within the workbook by using the wizard and going back to select 'another pivottable report or pivot chart report' by looking at the first pivot table refreshed, however there are over 80 pivot tables and i was wondering if there was a quicker way this could be done through using VBA or even through the excel interface.

• Re: Multiple Pivot Tables One Data Source

apologies, for some reason it didnt save the question i posted but ive edited and saved it now and it appears to be there, just in case it isnt:

Im using MS Excel 2003, have multiple pivot tables of which the data source has changed. I have connected the pivot tables to an external database and it seems to be trying to refresh the same data for multiple pivots although it is the same data source. I know you are able to look at the same pivot table within the workbook by using the wizard and going back to select 'another pivottable report or pivot chart report' by looking at the first pivot table refreshed, however there are over 80 pivot tables and i was wondering if there was a quicker way this could be done through using VBA or even through the excel interface.

thank you for your time.

• Re: Multiple Pivot Tables One Data Source

Try;

• Re: Set Multiple Pivot Tables To 1 Source Range

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the code, however i seem to be getting a object defined error at the

Code
    pt.sourcedate = ptmaster.sourcedata

line

This is what i am trying to run:

[/Code]For Each pt In ws.PivotTables[/Code], does this line of code go through the worksheets regardless of the name of the worksheet and select those pivot tables? Thank you for your time.

• Re: Set Multiple Pivot Tables To 1 Source Range

Code
    For Each ws In Worksheets

Is the line that goes through each worksheet in the Worksheets Collection, regardless of name.

Code
    For Each pt In ws.PivotTables

takes each pivot table in the PivotTable Collection in the currently active worksheet.

Regards,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!