Easy Navigation Between Ranges & Sheets

• If I setup columns containing data next to a list (Excel 2003), and navigate between the list and the remainder of the spreadsheet, excel always presents a new view that repositions the viewable area in the spreadsheet. This also presents itself as a problem when I navigate between worksheets and/or applications. Is there anyway to change Excel's behavior to keep the same position on the screen? (Freezing panes will not work, nor will splitting windows).

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Navigating Between A List And The Remainder Of A Worksheet

If I am in a view that shows columns J through column P, with the list ending at column P, and I use an arrow key to move to column Q, then my view shifts to show me columns Q through column Z rather than showing me columns K through column Q as would be expected if there was no list in the spreadsheet.

It seems to happen only when the list is an exported list from SharePoint, not when I create the list within Excel.

can you post this workbook that you have the problem with so we can see? I dont know what sharepoint is so I have no idea what its affects are on excel workbooks. Maybe someone else is familiar with this.

I can't imagine why Sharepoint would cause this, BUT why not name the "list" and any others ranges of interest? Then you can navigate easly via the Name Box (left of formula bar)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!