Multiple Condition Sum Across PivotTable & Another File Range

• Hey everyone,

I need to find a value in a pivot table with a range of values over 12 months (Book5) when 3 criteria are met, Branch#, LOB# and Month#. Sum(if() works for the 1st month, but I do not know how to do the coding when the month changes.

Attached are copies of the two files I am working with and my coding so far.

Has anyone ever dealt with a similar challenge?

Thank you.

• Re: Coding Sum If For Multiple Criteria

I can't tell what you're trying to do:

• You're testing a string, glperiod, but it's never initialized.
    • You're doing something with an array formula, but not assigning it to a range, which is the only thing you can do it with.
    • You've defined an integer for some purpose ...
    • You're using an ever-deeper array of nested Ifs, which should all be a single Select Case statement.

Happy if I could help, but I don't see a place to start.

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

Thank you.

Perhaps you could help me to fix this Select Case coding.

As to form,

But I know you don't want to enter a 65,000 row array formula, so please explain what you're trying to do.

If no one helps you out with this this evening, I'll look back tomorrow.

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

I am trying to find the value to place in Column R of the "update records source" file based on the Branch#(column N), LOB#(column O), and the month (1-12) of the Pivot Table in the "Book 5" file.

Thank you for the help with the Select Case code.

samuels90, I would bet a PivotTable would do this for you in a jiff! I for one would never help you dig yourself into a spreadsheet hell hole, so I'm giving you some good solid advice when I say read EFFICIENT spreadsheet Designs

Why do you you always assume your answer rather than cleary & concisely stating what you are trying to do?

[fa]*[/fa]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!