Convert Address List From PDF & Word Files Into Single Rows

• I have a few different source files which I need to convert into an Excel spreadsheet. These source files are either PDF or .doc format and contain addresses. I have a screenshot attached for better review.

[Blocked Image: http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/41227/2004388370359285774_rs.jpg]

I need to convert the selected addresses into excel in a way that each part of an address will have its own column. For example, the street address will have it's own column, the city will have it's own, and so forth. I've tried different programs and different importing methods but since the address from the source has city/state/zip all together, I'm not able to figure out how to do so. As you can see from the image, sometimes there's a break in the line in the address as well which I need to overcome.[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]Here is an example in Excel of how it is being imported, and the outcome that I need to achieve.

• Re: Convert Address List Into Single Rows

XZiler8r,

It would help if your workbook had more data in it (for testing).

Please post another workbook, containing the displayed data in your post. Also include on the columns to the right of each group of information, what the new line will look like.

Have a great day,
    Stan

• Re: Convert Address List Into Single Rows

XZiler8r,

It would help if your workbook had more data (say, 8 or 10 records) in it (for testing).

Please post another workbook, containing the displayed data in your original screenshot.

Also include on the columns to the right of each group of information (say, 8 or 10 records), what the new line will look like.

Also, both workbook posted have a different data area (number of columns), We need to see the information exactly as it is in your original workbook.

Have a great day,
    Stan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!