Count Values Less Than Zero

• Hi all,

I have a little formula problem, I am using and index and match formula to find what date the value is less than zero. However I am not using a continous time series in my figures but a time span for example 2008-01-30 - 2008-02-05. The formula works fine with a continous time series but not for time spans. Does anyone have a clue to get round this. I am enclosing an example where the formula works and also an example where it does not.
    Grateful for any help!

Robert

• Re: Matching Date Where Value Is Less Than Zero

I can't figure out what your formula is supposed to return in the context of the workbook.

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

Ie number of days with positive Cash Flow.
    //Robert

.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.· ><((((º>

Quote from shg

[COLOR="Blue"]=COUNTIF(B10:K10, ">0")[/COLOR]

Well that's all nice and well if you have a linear time axis. However I do not, so that will not work I am afraid. I have toyed with the idea of using an IF statement to find if the length of the date cell is >10 then it should use a right formula and use the 10 right letters. Hope you understand what I mean. If you check the spreadsheet, I basically want the formula that is #N/A to show the same as the formula that has a value (except for number of dayes and date of course).
    Robert

.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.· ><((((º>

• Re: Count Values Less Than Zero

Sorry, I just can't tell what you're trying to do with the data that's in your sheet.

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!