Export Email Text Into Worksheet

• I would like to expert certain text strings from my e-mail to a worksheet, the mails are generated by a webform from my website, the mails contain text strings as f.i.: FirstName: Ed, how can i export the name Ed to a worksheet with the column name FirstName (every row is a new email)

I`m from Holland and am not very experienced with VB, I use Outlook and Excel 2007 in a Dutch version.

I saw this question and answer, bu the code exports only the subject and e-mail adres, i need something to export body text.
    http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94894

Regards, Ed

• Re: Export Email Text Into Worksheet

Fortunately enough, there are quite few differences, if any, between local and english versions of VB. Here is a macro i wrote a few weeks ago for a similar case. You'll find the result workbook as an attached file. Before running it, you'll have to display the VBE window, click on Tools / Reference and check "Microsoft Outlook xx Object Library". Select the messages and execute the macro :

I have a similar situation as Ed but the only difference is my message is just a bunch of raw number and text. I would like a macro to export the email message to an excel file and if possible put each string separated by comma in different columns. The following example: is a sample of the message. The message in the " " is just FYI and is not a part of the email message. So basically each row data should have 3 columns. Also the "AND" part of the email message should be automatically removed from the final excel file.

Sample message:

AND,

1/12/2001 10:05:52 PM,

12344568, ("2nd row of the excel file should start from here until the dates")

AND,

12344568, ("3rd row starts from here")

AND,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Correction with the previous questions.
    ------
    email sample:

Actually: My email message looks kind of like the following:

US,

8/25/2001 10:50:52 PM,

--------

I get emails everyday which I put in a separate folder which contains message which looks like the above sample. I like the email messages to be exported to an excel file where each string seperated by comma is put in a different column. Similary the next email will be in the same order but in the 2nd row.

Right now, I use the manual function (IMport/Export - selecting an excel file to export) which exports all the email message to excel where I manually use the (TEXT to Column) to divide the column and then delete the comma.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Give a try at the below macro. I begin parsing messages counting from row 2 on "Sheet1" sheet, letting place for headings on row 1. Also, if there are two consecutive commas, there will be an empty cell in the corresponding column.

Daniel:

Sorry for the late response. I tried using the macro but i get an error highlighting sheets (Sub/function not defined). Is there anything I should be doing with the excel file as well? For ex: I'll have an excel file named sample.xls and whenever I use the macro .. I'd like the excel file to be updated with the new email messages without deleting any of the old records.

I hope i'm not making it too complicated.

:)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!