Loop Through Rows & Copy Each Row To New Workbook

• Hi,

I have some data for my students in the range D2:G251, where each row is a different student.

I need to write a macro that, if there is an 'x' against their name in column D, will copy the data in columns E-G into range A1:B500 and copy that range into a new workbook and save the workbook with the students name.

The following code does this for the first row, but I don't know how to write a loop (or whatever) to make it do it for the other 249 rows.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

• Re: Create Workbooks From List And Import Data

Jon, I cant understand how you managed the get other code working, and you couldnt get a loop to work, but anyway, here is the simplest loop structure ("for" loop) which goes from row 2 to row 251. I have no idea if the rest of your code works....

Ger

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same? Because Oct 31 = Dec 25... ;)

• Re: Create Workbooks From List And Import Data

Thanks Ger.

I have done as you suggested but it seems to always copy the data from e2:g2.

What I need it do is when it checks the 'x' in for example D4 to then copy the data from E4:G4 and so on

Any ideas?

• Re: Loop Through Rows and Copy Data

What I need is, depending on whether a student has an "x" by his/her name to copy some data about them into a range containing a load of assessment statements and then copy this range into new workbook with an appropriate name.

What I have written will do this for the first student but not the other 249.

What Ger has written checks whether the x is there but then only copies over the data from the first row.

So in short Yes...ish.

Jon - what I gave you was a loop structure (a for loop) to go through each row. Given the amount of code you had already written, I thought you would give a shot at using the loop structure in the code...

In any case,

So above, instead of copying the same row over and over again, it is copying using the row referenced in the variable lLoop.

But again, I cant test this fully, so hopefully this will be closer to what you are trying to do-ish.

Ger

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same? Because Oct 31 = Dec 25... ;)

That is awesome thanks Ger...it works perfectly. My apologies, I should have made it clearer, I know next to nothing about vba I am just good at adapting what I find on Ozgrid but this time there was nothing quite close enough and internet tutorials were not clear enough. Anyway, thanks again, and have a good evening,

Jon

PS. I will reference you in the code so that anyone checking it knows where it came from

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!