Prevent Erroneous Data Being Entered

• I wonder if someone could help

I currently have a monitoring spreadsheet which my staff enter data into each month. There have been some problems with staff entering data wrong so I have decided to build a userform to prevent errors.

I have 2 combo boxes one for selecting a month of the year and another for a particular call the user must enter data for.

I want the userform to enter the data from the userform into specific cells in a specific area. e.g. If a member of staff entered data into the userform for February, Call 2 then it would appear in the relevant boxes.

I have attached a copy of the workbook which hopefully will make more sense.

Thanks

• Re: Combobox Selection To Relate To Specific Cells

What you are asking can be done, but your worksheet structure really needs to be layed-out in a database format, which is a single header row identifying all data fields and all subsequent rows below the header being records. Don' use *ANY* merged cells in the data table.

All related data should be put on one worksheet. Then it is very easy to extract data to create any report or data view you need.

If you haven't read the Spreadsheet Best Practices "Sticky" at the front page of the forum please take a little time to review it as it is well worth the read.

The first order of business is to restructure your worksheet. If this is not possible, you might consider using Data Validation to help inforce correct entries.

• Re: Prevent Erroneous Data Being Entered

So I would need to change the structure of the spreadsheet just so that I can code both my combobox's on my userform to select a particular cell in my spreadsheet?

So I would need to change the structure of the spreadsheet just so that I can code both my combobox's on my userform to select a particular cell in my spreadsheet?

No. The suggestion to change your structure was to improve the efficiency of the workbook and make your life easier (coding too) by making it conform to best practices as mentioned in the thread.

You're going to have code a lot more than your combo boxes to get all of the data into your worksheet.

Here is a very basic start with your current structure.

Hi,

You could try the following:

This reduces the size of the code you would need to write. I would however reconsider renaming your fields.

Regards,

Rich

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!