Extract Certain Data Based On Conditions

• Hi there,

I am hoping someone can suggest the best method to extract certain data from a column of values.

The attached workbook has two sheets. From the worksheet named "Data" I would like to be able to extract any values >0.00% and then display the corresponding "model" (C:C) on the other sheet called "Results". I need to be able to achieve this for each day in the month and disregard all other values so I am left with a concise list.
    I have manually entered the info for the 1st June as an example.

Let me know if this isn't clear!
    Thanks, Ben

• Re: Extract Certain Data Based On Conditions

Hi Ben

by moving the headers in your results sheet to the same positions as they are in the data sheet, the following code should work for you.

I attach a working example for your reference.
    Hope this helps
    Jamie

Below is a slight modification of the code Dodger7 provided. It just adds a bit flexibility by counting the rows and columns rather than using a fixed number. You may have more or less than 190 rows (models) and the number of days in a month will vary from 28 to 31.

Thanks both - that's really useful and think it will achieve what I need

How difficult would it be to manipulate the code so that headers in the two sheets don't need to correspond?

Hi Ben

Really simple - sorry never realised that you wanted headers in that specific position. Just change the line

Code
    lrow = ws2.Cells(65535, c).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Address

to

Code
    lrow = ws2.Cells(65535, c-2).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Address

and it should work fine. Example attached.
    This is presuming your headers will be in the position of the first spreadsheet you attached.
    If you headers are going to change position, please let me know.

Hope this helps
    Jamie

Thank you for your help on this matter - I'm trying to adapt the code in the attached workbook but my limited knowledge means I'm stuck with exactly what I need to achieve.

I have a "SUMMARY" sheet and then five other sheets. I need to be able to extract the data which is >0% from each of the individual sheets and capture the results in the relevant section of the "SUMMARY" sheet.
    For example, the data from sheet "PAYG" would need to be entered into cells F148:AJ155.
    In each instance it is just the "model" detail I need to capture (column D)

Hope someone can help...?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!