Compare 2 Tables Of X Columns

• Hi all,

I have data in sheet1 and sheet2.

I would like a macro that will compare the concatenated values of columns F, G and X of sheet1 vs the concatenated values of columns U, V and W of sheet2.

Those in sheet1 that can not be found in sheet2 will then be shown in a msgbox. If all are found, the msgbox will simply say "Nothing to show".

Thanks

• Re: Compare 2 Tables Of X Columns

Hi Patsy

The following code should do what you want:

The code uses the last row in column F as the row count. I attach an example for you.

There may be more elegant replies to your question, but it works ;)

HTH
    Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Looks great, although would it be opssible it the msgbox shows all simultaenously instead of one item at a time?

Thanks

Hi Patsy

try

Hi Jamie,

Looking better. However I probably should have mentioned that the list in sheet1 are repeating. So there could be 20 or so lines of the same combinations.

With above case, wwhen I run your code, it shows up the missing combination in as many times as they occur in sheet - it should really just show 1.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Hi Patsys

added a find function to check if missing already exists. Should remove duplicates:

Sorry Patsy

just noticed a mistake in the code - I was missing the last line.
    Plus, it was using the 1st row. Does your data have headers?
    If so, this code is correct:

if you dont have headers and want to compare the first line, this should be OK

Jamie

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!