Highlight Every Other Row

• Hi, I'm new here.

I want to know if there is a way I could format cells a certain way depending on my selection of the combobox. I have a list people and I want the rows alternating in color. so one row will be light gray and the next white, then it will continue in that pattern until the list is done. The list on the spreadsheet and combobox are in the same order. I have searched what I think might be right, but I can't find anything. I just may be not looking for the right word.

I was thinking that I could use ComboBox1.Value = Odd but that doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Format cells based on ComboBox Selection

What does the combobox have to do with alternating the color of the row. I would use Conditional Formatting is all you are after is to alternate the color of the row. Provide a better explanation if you really need this to depend on the combobox.

Color Every Second Row. Color all Odd/Even Rows

• Re: Highlight Every Other Row

Not enough information, but this might help.

Select your range to change the color:
    Go to format:
    Autoformat:
    Then look for list1 and click it.

This will assign shades of gray to every other line.

Otherwise, use AAE suggestion of conditional format depending on what you are wanting.

Well I have a list of about 16 names on a schedule and a userform that will keep track of what they did for the day. On that userform there is a combobox (ComboBox1) where the user would click on their name, and finish the rest of the form. Say for today, both person A and person B showed up to work, so they both would get a "1." When that happens, both cells have the same background color of white and I want to know how i can change that so they alternate.
    To tell the truth, I haven't used any conditional formatting before, so I don't know what to do, or how to implement it.

BTW, thanks for the quick replies.

Edit: My apologies, by row I meant cell. i want the cell to format it self in alternating colors from the ones above and below it. I have a code where it takes the input from the combobox and today's date and finds the cell and i want it to change the background for that cell.

Alright, after i have done some more research i found it. i used the part where it finds the cell's row by the person's name and put "Mod 2 = 1" after that.

Thanks for your help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!