Finding numbers that sum up to a value

• Hi,

This has been asked before, but I'm stuck with doing this in solver 10.

I'm trying to find a set of numbers that sum up to a number: For Eg. I have numbers 1, 3, 5, 4, 9, 5 and want to find out which among these would total to 5. In this case the answer will be 1+4=5.

I downloaded solver, but the latest version is a pain to use. Can someone help me do this with solver. The earlier version was easier to use.

I'm trying to use this to find out which bills have been added after the month end. I had a figure of 128636 on May 31st, but now someone has added a few more after the 31st of May. The difference is 6886. Now I've got to figure out which bills were put in there. There are almost 800 bills. So it could be 2 or 3 or even more.

Any idea how i can do this?

Thanks

• Re: Finding numbers that sum up to a value

But also 700 of them could possible be the wrong combinations so it might not save you much time. Without knowing how your file is setup....I'd suggest controlling it more by not allowing entries after a certain date or better yet a time stamp for each entry.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!