In Pivot Table filter out 0's in total column

• Re: In Pivot Table filter out 0's in total column

You can apply Auto-Filter to the Totals column, but there is trick to using it as you cannot use it directly/only within the PT.
    For your sample workbook, select cell F2 and drag across to cell E2 (contains "Total"), then apply the auto filter and set it to hide zero values.
    The "trick" is start by selecting a cell outside the PT and drag across to select/include cells in the PT.

I tried to drag F2 To E2 and I get this message:

You cannot change, move a part of or insert in a Pivot Table report.
    When I click on filter, the autofilter does not allow me to select that feature.

I selected the autofilter function for F2 and tried that, the autofilter function worked in F2 but when I drag it I still get the above message.

Quote from AAE;518659

The "trick" is start by selecting a cell outside the PT and drag across to select/include cells in the PT.

As AAE said, you start by selecting a cell outside of your Pivot Table (eg F1). Drag across to include the cells in the PT (eg D7). Then apply Autofilter. For your particular case select (Custom...) and use does not equal and 0.

I was clicking on the bottom right corner of the blackbox and draging(copying) across instead of selecting the range.

Thanks,

I have an issue where i'm trying to filter 0 items in a PT.. Using the above approach loses info I don't want to lose. In the attached sample, Row3 has a 0 item.. If I filter it out I lose the PHASE 1 Header in column 3 as well.

I seem to have done this in 2007 not in compatibility mode but can't remember how.

Thanks,

Jim

rebels,

Welcome to Ozgrid.

However, never post your question in threads started by others. This is known as thread hijacking and is against the forum rules (see link in my signature). Always start your own thread and, if it is helpful, link back to this (or any other) thread. Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!