[Solved] VBA : Word

• I have a document which has formfields (textboxes, checkboxes) which would need to be created as a userform to take advantage of the flexibility of input. Can someone tell me if i can make the word document to look exactly alike in the userform. This question may seem simple but i have my doubts 'coz controls needs to get created dynamically and the pagesetup should the same as the word document.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• Hi FunkyProgrammer,

It maybe possible to create the userform and controls dynamically.
    But what does the userform offer that the original formfields don't?

Also you may have problems with fitting all the controls on a single userform.

Cheers
    Andy

[h4]Cheers
    Andy
    [/h4]

• In word document there is no control when the user types the data in formfields. Whereas userforms have events such as keypress,mouseup/mousedown to know what's happening while the user is typing the input.
    Thank you very much for your quick response.

• Formfields do have a Enter & Exit event, to which you can assign code.

Admittedly there is no mouse events.

I will research and post back with info on events for dynamic controls.

Cheers
    Andy

[h4]Cheers
    Andy
    [/h4]

• Hi Andy:
    I needed to work with formfields within Word Documents and not use userform at all as per user's needs. i needed to limit the user dynamically to the page limit when he is entering a multi line paragraph which is a textfield in a word doc created to look like a form. I found the solution to this situation is to set the textfield width dynamically .
    i.e
    activedocument.formfields("textfield name").textinput.width= variable width
    this worked for me great.
    Thanks for all your help.:yes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!