Charts problem in Shared Workbook. Run time Err,Method of visible chartobjects failed

• I have a chart in SHARED Workbook
    I am getting error "Run time Error: Method of visible chartobjects failed.

Is there a way to make the CHART work in SharedBook too?
    Current Code

Code
    [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Sub UpdateChart()    Dim ChtObj As ChartObject    Dim UserRow As Long    Set ChtObj = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1)    UserRow = ActiveCell.Row    If UserRow < 4 Or IsEmpty(Cells(UserRow, 1)) Then        ChtObj.Visible = False    Else        ChtObj.Chart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = _           Range(Cells(UserRow, 2), Cells(UserRow, 6))        ChtObj.Chart.ChartTitle.Text = Cells(UserRow, 1).Text        ChtObj.Visible = True    End IfEnd Sub

[/FONT]

• Re: Charts problem in Shared Workbook. Run time Err,Method of visible chartobjects fa

One of the many limitations of shared workbooks is that you cannot alter charts (or pivot charts).

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

• Re: Charts problem in Shared Workbook. Run time Err,Method of visible chartobjects fa

Rory, thank you for getting back making things clear....
    I thought there could be a way...

Thanks again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!