Excel 2003 #NUM Error Challenge

• Hi all,
    Please bear with me, this is a little strange request...call it a challenge.

I have created a workbook using excel 2010 with various features including forms, VBA code and charts.
    I have saved the workbook as a Excel 97-2003 workbook.

I have tested on Excel 2010, no problems.
    I have tested on Excel 2007, no problems.
    I have run compatability checker, no potential issues reported.

I have a sheet with a number of SUMPRODUCT formulas and these return a #NUM error when run in 2003.

To test the formulas in 2003 I created a new workbook with various methods of SUMPRODUCT, array method, non array method and all my variations worked in this workbook.

The challenge comes that the user with excel 2003 is on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, I cannot remote onto the machine to see first hand what is happenning.

Anyone any thoughts? However insignificant they may seem it might just help me crack this one.

I have been through page upon page of info on things which are different from 2003 to 2010 but to no avail.

Cheers
    Gaz

• Re: Excel 2003 #NUM Error Challenge

Found this in another thread

What version of Excel are you using? Do the named ranges refer to entire columns? If so, you can't use entire columns as range references with SUMPRODUCT unless you're using Excel 2007 or later.

There are also other threads indicating tracing the path as SUMPRODUCT does not in itself return the #NUM error; rather, one of the cells it is referencing already has a #NUM error or an invalid numeric value.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!