Paid Time Off Accrual Workbook

• I have set up our PTO workbook but am having a problem. Is it possible to setup the worksheet so that it automatically converts the accrual rate. So on 09/07/11 it stops accruing at the .2.4615 rate, without losing that ending balance it picks up and adds the new accrual rate of 4.000 from that point on?

Then at the end of the year (12/31/11) it stops the accrual rate so that when a new sheet for 2012 is started it can calculate the appropriate balance from the previous year?

Attached is the workbook.
    forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/38496/

Thanks

• Re: Paid Time Off Accrual Workbook

From what you have provided, I don't know of a way to do this via straight formula. The logic is a bit sketchy as to when/why you would change the accrual rate and how far back that goes. I see it's based on their hire date but if you were hired 4 years ago, only this years accrual would be counted which would be at the 4 year rate; right?

The simplest thing I can think of is to have a Per Pay Period entry for each employee where the numbers are calculated and stored as numbers. Then your summary and everything else can use the sum of those. Other than that, there's not a way I can see to calculate "historical" data.

• Re: Paid Time Off Accrual Workbook

Thank you. Yes <I see it's based on their hire date but if you were hired 4 years ago, only this years accrual would be counted which would be at the 4 year rate; right?> that's correct. The logic behind the accrual rate changing is for example: Employee John was hired in September of last year and accrues at the less than 1 year rate per pay period. We are bi-weekly, so 26 pay periods. Then in September of 2011 he has reached a year and then would accrue at the higher rate. So in 2011 he would receive more than 8 pto days but less than 13 because part of the year he was accruing at the lesser rate. I know I can simply take x amount of pay periods times one accrual rate plus x amount of pay periods times the other accrual rate, but I was hoping there was another way to do it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!