VBA User input variables to search box, to find, then copy/paste data

• Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with writing some VBA code.
    I have a booking in system that i can book in Items, with customer information, a project number, item details, serial numbers and other information about the item.

What i want to be able to do, is create a Search box (similar to the excel find box) that the user can input mulitple project numbers in one worksheet, (up to about 20 different project numbers), and it will find the rows in which these project numbers are stored, then copy a selection of cells in the same row and paste another worksheet.

Here's an example of what i want the macro to do:

Sheet 1:

Project numbers are stored as text in column F, in continuous ascending order, starting from row 6 onwards: 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003 etc.
    I want to be able to open a search box, and search for various project numbers (not necessarily in order) then find the rows that the project numbers are stored in, copy information from cells other individual cells in the same row to another worksheet.

I understand how to code the part where i need to paste the data in the other worksheet, i just need help with code for searching for data, then selecting other data in the same row (cells G, H, I, J) for example.

If anyone could post the code i would need to get me started off i would be greatful.

Thanks!

• Re: VBA User input variables to search box, to find, then copy/paste data

Talford01 - the possible answers at the bottom of the page may start you off. If you want specific advice I suggest you post a sample workbook.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!