Generate WaferMap

• Hi All,

I am working as a trainee for an semicon MNC.I am in need for generating a WAFERMAP chart in excel for the given data.
    I am basically provided with a sample excel sheet1 which contains three columns with first and second representing X and Y coordinates and third columns showing BIN number.

I am need to plot the wafermap as per the coordinates and insert the corresponding BIN number in the cell.

I have no idea how to procede with this work.Can someone help me to write some basic Macro code to achieve this.I have attached a sample excel sheet showing how the wafer map must look like.

Any help would be appreciated.....

Thanx.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]39973[/ATTACH]

• Re: Generate WaferMap

Welcome to the board Ashenrocky.

Please remember that help is provided here on a voluntary and free basis - and the vast majority of questions are eventually answered to the satisfaction of the person asking.

If your query is urgent I'd suggest you use the Hire Help forum (http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105) where you'll get someone to commit to solving your issue in a mutually agreeable timescale. Admittedly, this will involve you putting some money (but not a lot) on the table...

Hi Glen,

Am sorry....there shouldn't be any repeated entry i believe.The data in the sheet1 is just dummy data.I just gave it as an example to show how my excel entry look like.At present i don't have the exact data to post here.

Thankx

If you use a formula like:

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$20=$A1)*--(COLUMN()-1=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$20))=0,"",IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$20=$A1)*--(COLUMN()-1=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$20))>1,"Dup",INDEX(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$20,SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$20=$A1)*--(COLUMN()-1=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$20)*Sheet1!$C$2:$C$20))))

in cell B2 of Sheet2 then the relevant bins will be retrieved. You will need to adjust the ranges to your needs.

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Hi Glen,

Thanx a lot for ur reply buddy.

Is their any possiblity to achieve this using Macro,as i will not be knowing the range.It changes with each file.
    If u could generate any macro to achieve same then would be great.

Thanx

I assume that you are talking about the input range? The output range will stay the same won't it?

Extra questions:
    my formula assumes "coordinates" of 0-41 vertically and 1-25 horizontally ... is that right, or can you say what the coordinate range should be?

Cheers, Glenn.

Hi GLen,Yes i mean to say tht the input range may vary as per file.The verticle and horizontal range depend on the MAX value in X and Y coordinates.Like if X coordinate have highest value of 25 then x-acis will be from 0-25 and so on Y axis determined by MAX value in Y coordinate.i guess my assumption is rite.Thanx

It worries me when you say things like "I tried to copy the formula to cell J42" ... as you make it sound like you have only copied the formula to a single cell, which is not what I said.

Copy the formula all the way to J42. I cannot attach files today for some reason.

Cheers, Glenn.

Hi Glen,

Thanks a lot for the reply....this is what i was looking for exactly.
    But is it possible to achieve this using Macro....suppose i have a button named "Generate WaferMap" .in sheet1 and when i click it it generates the output shown in Sheet2.

Thanx again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!