Posts by mredwz

Re: inserting "rem" for FillDown

no, I have imported data with only this column empty. It may have 10 to 80 rows each time I import. I wish to fill ony to the last row. all other columns have data from the import and go to the same Nth row. I do this to insure a good sort of columnA in my next step. In the example below I recorded a manual operation For "G" but I wont know G43 is the last row imported.

Range("G1").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Pedro"
    Range("G1").Select
    Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("G1:G43")

I did a search for auto fill and found this example. I want to enter the word rem without the quotes in C1 and fill to the end of this empty column. All columns have the same row length. how can I put this together?

Range("C1").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "rem"

Code
    Sub Auto_Fill() 
    Dim lrow As Long 
        With ActiveSheet 
            lrow = Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row 
            Range("C1:C" & lrow).FillDown 
        End With 
    End Sub

After importing a comma delimited text file one column is "5701-5799 Rutgers St- West University Place "
    "101-99 Gold St- Highlands "
    "2-38 Small St- West University Place "
    The result prefered is to place the block numbers in an empty column preceding the street name plus removing the quotation marks and area information with it's dash.

| 1 | 1 |5701-5799|Rutgers St | 105 |07/19/05|
    | 2 | 1 | 101-99|Gold Blvd | 98 |07/19/05|
    | 3 | 1 | 2-38|Small Ct | 75 |07/19/05|

The final result appearing in columns C and D
    If not possible at least the extraction of the street name for column D. Thanks in advance for reading this thread.
    Mr Ed

When I select the numbers in cells ex: c2:c7 I would see the Sum in the task bar at the bottom. This has been replaced by Max. How may I rectify this problem. My first Post win98-excel 2000. :o

The 1 is added to the file name by Excel.
    Only one window and one file is opened.
    It dosen't matter which file is opened or it's source folder. This dose not affect MS WORD or other programs..:(

win 98 Excel 2000
    Every time I open a file such as"this_file.xls" Excel displays it as "this_file1.xls". When I try to SAVE it will only allow the SAVE AS screen..and it desplays the 1 in the file name. If I delete the 1, then of course it asks if I wish to replace the origional file.

how may I reclaim the SAVE command?