Posts by katie1071

Hello,

I am trying to combine 2 statements and am having difficulties. I'm trying to use an IF statement, but there are more than one factors to produce true or false:

I am calculating 10% of a number and need to set a minimum and maximum level on the 10%. If 10% of the value is less than 8, then equal 8 and IF 10% of the value is greater than 80, then equal 80. Otherwise equal 10% of the value.

Thanks for your help.
    Kt

Originally posted by XL-Dennis

..and some lost swedish XL-users as well from other countries around our beatiful world :coolwink:

I have noticed most of the users I've seen are on your side of the pond. I'm sure I'm not the first Texan...:coolwink:

Rennie-
    You have at least proven to me that the formula can handle the logic I am trying to accomplish...

I guess my biggest issue is getting the dates down correctly. I want each month's formula to work independently.

I'll try and come up with a better explanation if I can.
    Thanks for your help!

Paddyd-
    Good info, but the pricing isn't the issue, it's each cell that represents a date/month/year knowing when to do what.

Katie:D

Yeah, me too! It seems my needs are not very general. I'm not positive what you requested, but maybe this explanation may help?

The formula is used in a form of pricing that is spread out over 12 months and not just 1 flat price.
    So let's say I charge you $12,000 per year for product X, but I'm going to break it out into 12 months. Now, I have 12 months broken out and each cell equals $1000. Then, 6 months later you want to add 1 more X item at $12,000. I need to add the $1000 price starting at the 6th month and ending at the last month. I have the first 6 months equaling a "-".
    This is the first formula.

I need to do the same for the 2nd formula, which is the X item could start on the first month, then stop on the 6th month.
    The first 6 months would be $1000 each and the last 6 months would be "-".

Thanks,
    KT

Hi,
    I am trying to join 2 IF statements together and my patience is growing thin with this one. If you want to duplicate my efforts:
    C13 - effective date
    C18 - 1st month of 12 months, i.e. 1/1/03 (term will almost never be a calendar year)
    D13 - value if true
    "-" - value if false

1st statement
    =IF(((MONTH($C13)/12)+YEAR($C13))<=((MONTH($C$18)/12)+YEAR($C$18)),$D13,"-")

B13 - end date
    B18 - last month of 12 months, i.e. 12/31/03 (term will almost never be a calendar year)
    D13 - value if true
    "-" - value if false

2nd statement
    =IF(((MONTH($B13)/12)+YEAR($B13))<=((MONTH($B$18)/12)+YEAR($B$18)),$D13,"-")

I am trying to automatically calculate 12 months (each in its own cell) based on the 'start date' and 'end date'.

For the 2nd months formula: add +1

=IF(((MONTH($C13)/12)+YEAR($C13))<=((MONTH($C$18)+1)/12)+YEAR($C$18)),$D13,"-")

3rd month add +2 and so on.

If ANYONE gets what the heck I am babbling about, I would appreciate the help!

thanks,
    kt