Posts by Stacy J

HI

in the attachments i have one spreadsheet with a sample of data of a much bigger spreadsheet. In Data file i have the answers that i need to get to with a formula.

In column B the formula needs to search for data that is exactly the same they will be one after another. If they are the same number then i need to add the amounts in column E together and place the amount in Column G.

Is this possible?

Stacy

Re: V Lookup's

Tony

I only want the rows to come across to Sheet 3, if they match.

For example:
    AGDPs B2 is 20210748 it needs to look up in Statement file Column B.
    If they don't find a match it just continues down column B in the AGDP sheet.

However if there is a match then it copy's the row in the Statement file and pastes in sheet3.

Thanks

Stacy

Re: V Lookup's

Tony

The code looks great except I wasn't clear in which data i wanted cut into sheet 3. Is it easy enough to copy the rows from Statement File instead of AGDPs????

Thanks

Stacy

Re: If Ststement with a formula not working

Thanks so much for the responses.

Had great sucess!!!

I'm still learning, so was excellent to see different ways to doing things.

I work with spreadsheets that have been around since the dawn of time, so i'm trying to slowly update them and make them user friendly but also time efficient.

Yet again thanks.

Stacy

Hi all

I've attached a spreadsheet which shows an amount in B1 which i enter manually then it goes through B2-B4 asking several questions such as:
    b2 Is the amount in B1 more then $250,000-
    If No then the amount from b1 is updated as a whole into b2.
    then b3 and b4 will be nil

If yes then the amount $250,000 is updated into b2.
    and c2 calcalates what is the difference between b1 and b2(250,000)
    and continues onto b3.

I'm trying to work out a way to calulate different amounts and the fees charged on a tiered fee structure.

On the first $250,000 the annual fee is 0.88%
    Next 250,000 the annual fee is 0.66%
    And amounts over 500,000 the annual fee is 0.44%

Hope someone can help.

Stacy

Re: If statements

I've attached a sample of the worksheet.

I wanted the cell to see first if the text G3 equal to the text in D12. If it does that i want it left blank, if it doesn't then I want it to read N/a.

This continues arcoss the columns H3 and I3.

Then I've done a conditional format so that if blank it turns ther cell yellow, if N/a then it turns it grey.

I then wanted the cell to do a formula if the cell was blank it should then work out wheater it's inside the benchmarks or not.

The formula is: B4 is today's date, if that date is less then the date in F12+( the Benchmark so in the first colum it's over 12 weeks) then the cell should read Within Beanchmark, If not it's Outside Range.

If N/a then no formula needs to occur.

I hope that make some sense.

Stacy

Hi

I'm having trouble making both these if statements work together.

Can i get some help.

Code
    =IF($G$3=D12,"","N/a")=IF(G3=""&F12*84>$B$4,"Inside Benchmarks","OutsideBenchmarks")

Thanks

Stacy :0

Re: Vlookup- multiple Column

Hi

Thanks for the codes.

My problem is the spreadsheet i posted is a tenth of the size of the real spreadsheet and the formula seems to stop at a certain point on the spreadsheet.

Option 2 of having all the formula in that column is preferable.

Code
    =IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(2,1/(('BDOK File'!$B$:$B$=current!A5)*('BDOK File'!$C$:$C$=current!B5)),'BDOK File'!$E$:$E$)),"",LOOKUP(2,1/(('BDOK File'!$B$B:$B$B=current!A5)*('BDOK File'!$C$C:$C$C=current!B5)),'BDOK File'!$E$E:$E$E))

As you can see i have very limited knowledge so i'm trying to figure out this code as best i can.

It reached row 63 and stopped. I can't work out why. There is 272 rows in the spreadsheet.

Thanks

Stacy

Hi all

Sorry i don't even know where to start i'm trying to do a VLookup Column AS (sheet current).

It should look in Column A and B in Sheet Current and Match them to BDOK File Sheet Column B and C. If they match then it should take the figure in Sheet BDOK File Column E. Thats what should appear in Column AS in THe Current Sheet.

So 873444 (Column A Sheet Current) 1 ( column B Sheet Current)
    matches in Sheet BDOK File Row2 Column B And C.
    Therefore Row 2 Column E is the value that should transpose to Sheet Current Row 7 Column AS.

Hope that explains what i need to figure out.

Thanks

Stacy