Posts by Foncesa

Hi,

I want to import a text file having rows/line to Column in my excel file.

Sample Text File:

Name of person
    Date
    Amount
    City
    State
    Pin
    Reference
    Name of person
    Date
    Amount
    City
    State
    Pin
    Reference

I want to copy line 1 to Column A, Line 2 to Column B, Line 3 to Column C, Line 4 to Column D, Line 5 to Column E, Line 6 to Column F, Line 7 to Column G.

Result: [TABLE="border: 1, cellpadding: 1, width: 700"]

[tr]

[td]

Column A

[/td]

[td]

Column B

[/td]

[td]

Column C

[/td]

[td]

Column D

[/td]

[td]

Column E

[/td]

[td]

Column F

[/td]

[td]

Column G

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Name of person

[/td]

[td]

Date

[/td]

[td]

Amount

[/td]

[td]

City

[/td]

[td]

State

[/td]

[td]

Pin

[/td]

[td]

Reference

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Name of person

[/td]

[td]

Date

[/td]

[td]

Amount

[/td]

[td]

City

[/td]

[td]

State

[/td]

[td]

Pin

[/td]

[td]

Reference

[/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

Thanks.

Hi,
    Thanks for response.

Code
    =COUNTIF(B$2:B$8,"=" & B2)-COUNTIF(B2:B$8,"=" & B2)

Formula results are perfect only thing i need is to move those rows were the value is greater than 0 in column F (helper) to sheet duplicate in same workbook.
    data range from Column A to Column E.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    Thanks for reply.

I was not clear in questioning lets say,

Col B---Col F(Helper)
    123------3 displaying total 3 found.
    123------3
    123------3
    789------0
    456------2 displaying total 2 found.
    456------2
    300------0

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Column B contains alpha-numeric values I need a formula or macro which will move the duplicates, search and move complete row once duplicate value is found in column B.

Help.

Thanks.

Hi,

I import a text file & column B (Header Details) where in at times at the end of the string there are '/' '\' '.' '(' ')' and want them to be removed through a macro.

Sam Corporation Limited/
    La Corporation Limited\
    Indoor & Outdoor.

Thanks.

Hi,

This codes are generating 3 extra 0.00 at the end of the range, will some one help to over come this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

While importing the text file, only Column I to be imported as Numeric with 2 decimal,
    i.e. in text file 0000000100000 13 digits when import in sheet it will be converted to 1000.00
    How to get this.

Macro used to import text file.

Hello,

I am populating the list of email via vlookup from sheet Email_Add & want to use it to send email through excel sheet using script of rondebruin (http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/winmail/Outlook/tips.htm) where in it reads the email address from cell

Code
    For Each cell In sh.Columns("c").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)

and due to function in the cell it is not able to do.

Vlookup which is populating the email address in the cell.

Code
    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B1,Email_Add!$A$2:$B$100,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(B1,Email_Add!$A$2:$B$100,2,FALSE))

How to overcome this problem. If vlookup function is converted to vba code? I think it will overcome the problem. Please someone convert it vba.

Thanks.

Hi,
    Hope some can help me.
    I have a list of file locations of .pdf files in column A of my spreadsheet. All the path and files have info on Sheet1.
    i.e. Column A1 c:\test\packing_1.pdf A2 c:\test\country_1.pdf
    Can I use VBA to, when I run it, print all of the files in the list in column A1:D20?
    Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Code
    .FormulaArray = "=IFERROR(INDEX($A$1:$A$65536,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$65536=2001,$C$1:$C$65536),0)),IFERROR(INDEX($A$1:$A$65536,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$65536=1001,$C$1:$C$65536),0)),INDEX($A$1:$A$65536,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$65536=1101,$C$1:$C$65536),0))))"

The formula gives the result but when i tried to add two more match it gives error.
    How do we add two more match.

Code
    INDEX($A$1:$A$65536,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$65536=1211,$C$1:$C$65536),0))

Code
    INDEX($A$1:$A$65536,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$65536=1601,$C$1:$C$65536),0))

Hello,
    I need a BIG help with this. How do I translate this to a vba code? & create a for loop for this till END.

{=IFERROR(INDEX($A$1:$A$15,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$15=2001,$C$1:$C$15),0)),IFERROR(INDEX($A$1:$A$15,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$15=1001,$C$1:$C$15),0)),INDEX($A$1:$A$15,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$15=1101,$C$1:$C$15),0)))}

Re: Selecting ID based on condition

Quote from Oracle2057;670595

Hello,

{=IFERROR(INDEX($A$1:$A$15,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$15=2001,$C$1:$C$15),0)),INDEX($A$1:$A$15,MATCH(C2,IF($B$1:$B$15=1001,$C$1:$C$15),0)))}

Thanks for the reply, but still the concept to my mind of achiving the result is not clear, i have a large record file which i want convert and set aright.
    How about using macro instead of pasting this function, I have attached the sample data file, where in Identical Client Numbers will always be 2 and more, how to do this, still unable to understand, if we want to add one condition like if between 1101 and 1102 we select 1101 and its ID.

I feel you can solve the problem, you are very near to the goal.

Thanks in advance for your support to me.

Hello,
    I am confused to get the desired result. Please some try to find a solution to this,

The records in Column C (identical client no.) have identical numbers which can be 4-5,

The Column B (type) have different numbers in them.

The Column A contains ID's. (Which are different and now i want them to be clubed/merged)

Now i want to allocate the same ID's to all the identical client numbers for Column A.

The condition of selection from type is compulsory and in them the priorty goes to 2001,
    and if 2001 is not present then 1001 will be selected then its ID from Col 'A' will allocate to all of them for that identical client no. (group)

I am desperate to reach for the solution.
    Kindly look to attachment for a clear picture.

Re: Preserve Duplicates

Hello Jindon,

This codes of Oracle2057 are working, but only problem is that it cannot handle large data of 45,000 lines, I had requested for speed-up and secondly wanted the unique records be moved to other sheet instead of deleting.