Posts by tinadalrin

I need to select all cells from Row 260 onwards that have a value. and if row 260 is the only row with value then it should select only that row. I have a macro that selects only row 260 which is this

Or this which will select all the rows if there is more than one row with results.

Code
    sub test()

Range("A260").Select
        Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
        Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select

End sub

What i cant seem to do is get the 2 to work together.

Re: Run macro if certain criteria is met

If there anyway i can copy all the rows that filter as "Yes" and not just the last row. Sorry I just cant seem to get my head around this one.

Quote from converteds;570098

You just needed to set the ranges. I've just used a standard range type for tables 1 and 2. They stretch as far down as the data plus a few rows, so if you add another line below the existing data, the ranges will adjust

If Column N in Table2 is “Yes”, then macro should run to copy column A to G in table2 and paste at the end of Table3 in column B to H.
    The Marco should copy on the row for which Column N is Yes.

Basically, its a list of existing orders and once the order is completed the user types Yes in column N (table2). Then I need that specific order to transfer to Table3(completed orders table).
    Let me know if its unclear and I'll try to explain again.

Hi all,

I need a sort of model on excel where I can manage customers and their orders.
    Each sheet will be a customer and there will be a three main sections – “Add Order”, “View existing orders” and “View Completed orders”.

Add order
    When I want to add a new order, I created a macro to open up the cells that hold the data fields for the new order.
    Once the data has been filled in, When I click “Save & Close”, the data should move to the end of the “View existing orders” list, the data fields in “Add order should be cleared and should be hidden again.
    If “Save & Add Another” is clicked then the same thing as above needs to happen except that it should not hide the cells.

View existing orders
    Only the first 7 cells (from A to G) should be updated when a new order is received. Column H is a formula and the rest of the columns will be updated manually.
    In column N (completed), I’m not sure how this is going to work, but I want to be able to click something and then have the data transferred to the end of the list of completed orders.
    Once done with the Viewing, when I click “Click”, the cells should hide again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]40159[/ATTACH]

Hi
    I need to extract specifi data from the table based on the given criteria.

So according to this sheet if i enter School = Bus, Course = ADHM, Venue = College, Mode - Full Time, Induction = 06/07/2010, Course End = 11/01/2011, i only need information from rows 2 - 33 nothing else.

And if i enter School = On, Course = PC, Venue = Portal, Mode - Distance Learning, Induction = 04/04/2011, Course End = 08/09/2011, i only need information from rows 695-700
    forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/36988/
    Also, there are many batches with the same course end date but different Induction dates. So when i enter the Induction and Course end date, I want it to pick the given induction and the first course end date that appears which corresponds to the date specified.

Re: Extracting all rows between certain criteria

Hi Herbds7 forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/36977/

Still having probs with the sheet and extracting the right data. It worked for one datasheet but not the other, im not sure whats wrong. So i have uploaded it for viewing.

So according to this sheet if i enter School = Bus, Course = ADHM, Venue = College, Mode - Full Time, Induction = 06/07/2010, Course End = 11/01/2011, i only need information from rows 2 - 33 nothing else.

And if i enter School = On, Course = PC, Venue = Portal, Mode - Distance Learning, Induction = 04/04/2011, Course End = 08/09/2011, i only need information from rows 695-700

Also, there are many batches with the same course end date but different Induction dates. So when i enter the Induction and Course end date, I want it to pick the given induction and the first course end date that appears which corresponds to the date specified.

Hi,

I need to edit these macros, to select the last row and column with a value on the ‘Data’ sheet instead of the specified O4068, as I will be adding new data into the sheet regularly and need the macro to pick up all the data automatically instead of me specifying the range every time.

Also I need to paste the results as a value and matching the source formatting.
    I need these to apply for all 3 macros given below.

Re: Extracting all rows between certain criteria

Hi

Thanks for taking the time.

What i want is for eg: to extract only rows 13 to 18 when i specify the school, course, mode, venue and the date (irrespective of the module). For the date, I will be entering 2 dates, one being the Induction Date and the other being the course end date.

So ideally, When the induction date and course end date is specified as 10/04/10 and 12/08/10 respectively, I need only rows 13 to 18 to be extracted. And when i specify the induction date as 10/09/10 and the course end date as12/15/10, i only need rows 24 to 29 extracted. Thats what I meant by a batch, so even tho they run during the same time period, they are different batchs.

Hi there,

need help with this urgently.

I have a database with information relating to course timetables and i need to extract the information from the given criteria. The criteria specifies the school, course, venue, mode along with the Induction Date and the End date. I need to extract all the rows between the specified induction and the course end without having data from other batches showing up.

Currently the problem i am having is that i can extract the data within a date range but it gives me data from all batches.

I hope I am clear with my question