Posts by ahmad123

Helloooo,

I have a multi selction listbox, i need to copy all the values that i selected in this list box into a column in a worksheet :

1- Select all the values from the list
    2- Click on a button
    3- Unload the listbox and get the selectd values in in column "A"
    Is there a way to do so ??

Thanx for any input

#1 [Blocked Image: http://www.excelforum.com/images/styles/Skylight/buttons/reputation.gif] [Blocked Image: http://www.excelforum.com/images/styles/Skylight/buttons/report.gif]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.excelforum.com/images/styles/Skylight/statusicon/post_old.gif] Today, 10:39 AM
    ahmad123 [Blocked Image: http://www.excelforum.com/images/styles/Skylight/statusicon/user_online.gif
    MS Office Version:Excel 2003
    [Blocked Image: http://www.excelforum.com/images/styles/Skylight/reputation/reputation_pos.gif]

Listbox multi selection filter
    Hi folks,

I have a userform containing a listbox. In this listbox, theres data imported from a column ("Ext Co Visibility Ds") in a big spreadsheet.
    What i need to do is to give the user the capability to filter the big spreadsheet by selecting multiple lines in the listbox.

The listbox has to act like a filter for the column "Ext Co Visibility Ds". By filtering that column the user will see the rows corresponding to his selection in the big spreadsheet.

in the attached file they're my file and my code behind.

In sheet2 u will find the button that has to create a listbox, but the problem is when i select options in this listbox, nothing happens !!!

And can u please modify the code so i will be able to make multi selections in the listbox ???

Thanks to the Gurus

Re: listbox vs filter

hi again,

Can you please explain to me step by step how to "Transfer the list box selection(s) to the criteria cells"

I made a new column in the same sheet cntaining all the criteria cells.

I created a listbox and i chose that column as it input range. When i select any ooption, nothing happens, the data sheet stays intact !!!

Any help ?

Re: listbox vs filter

yeah i kow that theres this option in excel 2007, but :
    1- i am using excel 2003
    2- i am asked to build a user friendly userform, so the users wont need to go into the big spreadsheet and filter.

I know it could be done in easier ways but thats what is asked from me.

Any suggestions ??

Hi folks,

I have a userform containing a listbox. In this listbox, theres data imported from a column ("vendor list") in a big spreadsheet.
    What i need to do is to give the user the capability to filter the big spreadsheet by selecting lines in the listbox.

The listbox has to act like a filter for the column "vendor list". By filtering that column the user will see the rows corresponding to his selection n the big spreadsheet.

Can anybody help me with this. I assume its a small vba code.

Thanks to the Gurus

Re: Optimization VBA code

EDIT: Please use code tags or your topic will be deleted. Thanks.

Here is the code :

PHP

Hi folks,

I have a vba code that uses data from a huge spreadsheet "RAW" (more then 5000 rows and 50 columns) and generate data in another spreadsheet "Burndown (filter)"

This code is taking long long time to be executed, and i need to use it lot of times, so it is not teffecient at all to keep it like this.
    Following is my code, and let the gurus play [Blocked Image: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif]

[PT]Sub Month_1()

Sheets("RAW").Select
    Dim rawlastline As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim x As Integer
    Dim cell As Integer

rawlastline = 2
    Do While Cells(rawlastline + 1, 1).Value <> ""

rawlastline = rawlastline + 1
    Loop

For x = 2 To 13

cell = 0

i = 2
    Do Until i = rawlastline
    If Sheets("RAW").Rows(i).Hidden = False Then
    If Month(Sheets("raw").Cells(i, 2)) = Month(Sheets("Burndown (filter)").Cells(1, x)) Then

cell = cell + 1

Sheets("Burndown (filter)").Select

Cells(7, x).Value = cell

End If
    End If

i = i + 1
    Loop

Next

For x = 2 To 13

cell = 0

i = 2
    Do Until i = rawlastline
    If Sheets("raw").Cells(i, 18) <> "#" Then

If Month(Sheets("raw").Cells(i, 18)) = Month(Sheets("Burndown (filter)").Cells(1, x)) Then

' DoEvents

cell = cell + 1

Cells(6, x).Value = cell

End If
    End If

End If

i = i + 1
    Loop

Next
    For x = 2 To 13

i = 2

Do Until i = rawlastline
    Sheets("raw").Select

x = x + 49
    Sheets("raw").Select

If Not Cells(i, x).Value = "" Then

If Sheets("raw").Cells(i, x).Value <= 30 And Sheets("raw").Cells(i, x).Value <> 0 Then

'DoEvents

x = x - 49

Cells(2, x).Value = Cells(2, x).Value + 1

x = x + 49

ElseIf Sheets("raw").Cells(i, x).Value > 30 And Sheets("raw").Cells(i, x).Value <= 60 Then
    x = x - 49

Cells(3, x).Value = Cells(3, x).Value + 1

x = x + 49

ElseIf Sheets("raw").Cells(i, x).Value > 60 And Sheets("raw").Cells(i, x).Value <= 90 Then
    x = x - 49
    Cells(4, x).Value = Cells(4, x).Value + 1

x = x + 49
    ElseIf Sheets("raw").Cells(i, x).Value > 90 Then

x = x - 49
    Cells(5, x).Value = Cells(5, x).Value + 1
    End If

End If

End If

i = i + 1
    If x > 14 Then
    x = x - 49
    End If

Loop

Next
    'Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

[/PT]THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !!

Re: Pivot tables autofilter

I am not supposed to touch the pivot table. I have only access to the master table filter and i have to control the data in the pivot table from that master table (sheet 1).

any new suggestions??

[INDENT]On sheet 1 i filtered my database on "vendor list". On sheet 2 i created a pivot table in which "vendor list" is set as a field. I wished that if i select and filter out a particular value from "vendor list" in sheet 1 ,the "vendor list" field on sheet 2 will automatically filters out the same value . Is this possible?
    If someone can provide me with the right code i will be veryyyy thankful.

Thank you for your answers.
    [/INDENT]