Posts by beradster

Re: Consolidate data from 1 worksheet to a summary page

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply. I am in Australia so by the time you get online it's 12 at night here :P

The spreadsheet was done by the manufacturer of these products and given to us as a means of quoting and order their materials. I will do my best to redesign the sheet in order to make it more user friendly as you advised and hopefully then we can achieve a better result. Sincerely thank you for trying to help and providing such brilliant communication and advice. A+ ShosMeister

Yes you right I didn't design the Order Form however I do understand it and could replicate if need be. I realise there is errors in the example I posted but that was due to having to cut out a lot of data. I could email you the complete file if that would be ok. My email is [email protected] if you want to drop me a quick email and that way I can send the proper file, minus the errors.

As for VBA I have dabbled a little bit with it but not enough to write a code to solve this problem by myself. Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Brad

Ok I should have done this prior to posting but I have since Youtubed controls and understand what you mean by controls and yes 1 of the problems is extracting the data from the control and the other is for the Summary Sheet to only add the items I select. I ultimately would like to leave the Order Form unchanged if possible.

Hi ShosMeister,

Mmmm, I think i might be missing something. Can you explain to me what you mean by controls? I am a relative novice when it comes to excel so if you have the patience you may to explain it to me step by step or add the example to the xls and re post it if you don't mind.

Again thanks

Brad

Hi ShosMeister,

Thanks for the reply and I hope this explains a little better at what I am trying to achieve.

If you can imagine the order form with a lot more parts, and what happens is that I go through and choose the components relevant to the project i am quoting. What I want the "summary sheet" to do is dynamically recognise those lines that i am selecting in the "order form" and copy that data automatically into the summary field as I go, providing me with a neat summary of only the items i have chosen.

As requested I have added the data to the summary sheet as it should appear from the items selected in the order form, whilst skipping the unselected parts.

Hope that makes a bit more sense and truly hope you have a solution for me.

Thanks heaps

Brad

I am trying to copy the information selected in the "Order form" and consolidate it into the "Order Summary" sheet.

If someone could help me with a function/formula that searches the "Order Form" and filters all the items that have had a number added in the "Qty" Column and place them and their correlating txt chosen from drop down box into the "Order Summary" sheet it would be greatly appreciated. (Please excuse the messy sheet but had to remove macro's to reduce file size.)

Thanks in advance

Brad