Posts by Bravo33

Re: Indirect formula to return text value

I was considering extending the formula with an additional if statement. Therefor If the formula above returns a Zero value then it would look for a text value and return that. Ideally there would be an order of precedence (The text values would be:- "Incl","Excl", "Omit", "Duplicate"). But at this point in time I would be happy with returning the 1st text value located.

Still trying to upload sample with no luck.
    Type xlsx
    Macros; Removed
    File size 278b

I've got he following formula which sumproduct multiple spreadsheets based where and item reference is found.

Code
    =IF(M4<>"",SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&NBS_LOADINGS&"'!A3:A1000"),J4,INDIRECT("'"&NBS_LOADINGS&"'!E3:E1000"))),"")

What I'm trying to do is use the above formula "amended" to return a text value. I can only get it to true or false and it will not declare the text

The idea is that it will only return a text value is the code above =0 value.

I've tried to upload a but for some reason will not let me.

Help appreciated

I am trying to chart multiple dta with different scales.

1 Scale will be in 1000's
    1 Scale in 10's and the other in 10ths.

In order to see excentuate variances against each data set in the chart how do I plot the axis?

I have a text string count of 1050 (This is a variable)including spaces in Cell A1.

I need to spread this over 4 Cells with varying string counts.

Cell B1 String count including spaces 299
    Cell B2 String count including spaces 301
    Cell B3 String count including spaces 275
    Cell B4 String remaining text including spaces (Variable)

Thanks in anticipation.

Column A contains a list of codes with duplicates. Not in alpha numeric order. There are also spaces between some rows.

A30-110
    A42-230
    A11-180

A30-110
    A30-110

Each of these codes has a currency value associated with it in column H

£ 300.00
    £ 100.00
    £ 1800.00
    £ 800.00
    £ 600.00
    I need to sum the product of each code ie A30-110 = £1700.00

Re: Copy non sequential columns and paste to a new worksheet

Thanks, only problem is that this copies the"data" as well as the formulas from the source spreadsheet.
    The data is a variable in specific columns in each of the spreadsheets.

I'm guessing this needs to be vba in order to select specific columns to copy and paste ignoring the data columns.

I have columns with data and formulas

I need to copy the formula columns to another worksheet still retaining the layout from the source spreadsheet so that the data columns will not be over written in the destination spreadsheet.

Example:-
    Columns B6:B108; D6:D108;E6:E108................I have 38 columns of formulas and 10 columns of data mixed.

Any help appreciated.