Posts by Garyhunt6809

Hi Everyone, I've found the file I'd like to merge with my Fantasy Football programme. Unfortunatly this one is password locked so I can't read the formulas to try and do it myself. I'd like to be able to add this to my programme, so when you put in the result it automatically adds the number of wins, draws and goals to the results tab.
    Hope you can help. If memory serves one of you guys did this for a previous world cup. But it no longer appears to be on here. I know it's a big ask, butI'm hoping you can help. Kind Regards Gary Hunt. http://soccerwallcharts.com/

Hi Everyone, I'm back after a long absence. I've done another World Cup Fantasy Football program for this summers world cup. With my program you ask all your friends to rank all the 32 Countries from 32 to 1pt giving 32pts to the Country you think will win the world cup, 31pts to the runner up and so on down to the Country you consider the weakest on just 1pt. Enter everyone's selections into the 'Data' Tab, and the add in after each match the number of Wins, Draws and Goals into the 'Results' tab. Now go to the 'Results tab and my program has added up everyone's score. Now here's my CHEEKY request. I've love to be able to enter the results into the 'Match Order' tab, and the program adds up all the sores and updates the tables, score and wallchart. There used to be a wallchart on this forum that did all of this from a previous World Cup but I can't find in on here. Maybe it's been removed ? Iknow it's a lot to ask but I'm hoping you'll all be able to help. You can all still use my program as it is, as it still works, but I'd love to get the 'Match Order' tab to work. Kind regards Gary Hunt
    Attached Files

Hi Everyone, I'm back after a long absence. I've done another World Cup Fantasy Football program for this summers world cup. With my program you ask all your friends to rank all the 32 Countries from 32 to 1pt giving 32pts to the Country you think will win the world cup, 31pts to the runner up and so on down to the Country you consider the weakest on just 1pt. Enter everyone's selections into the 'Data' Tab, and the add in after each match the number of Wins, Draws and Goals into the 'Results' tab. Now go to the 'Results tab and my program has added up everyone's score. Now here's my CHEEKY request. I've love to be able to enter the results into the 'Match Order' tab, and the program adds up all the sores and updates the tables, score and wallchart. There used to be a wallchart on this forum that did all of this from a previous World Cup but I can't find in on here. Maybe it's been removed ? Iknow it's a lot to ask but I'm hoping you'll all be able to help. You can all still use my program as it is, as it still works, but I'd love to get the 'Match Order' tab to work. Kind regards Gary Hunt

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football

Hi there Barry, I've been too bust to even look at it. Given how little time is left, I think I just stick with the basic one I wrote, and you streamlined. Thanks for all the help and advice, but I don't think there's time to iron out all the bugs this type of thing can generate. For example what if two or more Countries have the same wins, draws, goals scored and goal difference. Now FIFA have a very complicated count back system to the qualifiers, now you can imagine how complex that would be to implement.

Thanks Again
    Gary Hunt

Hi there, I get the error as soon as the programme runs. I've tried running straight away and saving it first, and the running it. Still I get the same error.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Gary

Hi there, I seem to have problems with the download. it always returns a "Run-Time Error 1004" I don't know if this is a fault with my pc or a corrupt file. can you please check your file.

Thanks
    Gary

Well done Marcus, this is very similar to the one I sent a link to. Do you think it is possible to add in my programme to yours ? copying the No. of Wins, Draws, and Goals to the 'Results' tab of my programme, so that automatically updates the league table on my programme.

Many thanks for this programme
    Gary Hunt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60618[/ATTACH]
    Hi there, It appears that this file no longer exists on this forum. Attached is what I would like to add to this programme. I've added a new tab called 'Match Order' and I would like the data from this tab to copy the results to the 'Results' tab.
    Also how do you make the programme copy the correct Country to the correct cell after the first round matches are all done ? There must be 100's of either or permatations.
    Is it also possible to make the mini tables on the 'Match Order' tab to work after the results have been added to this tab ?
    I realise I'm asking an awful lot here, but if you guys can crack this it would make this programme complete. If this can't be done automatically, it can still be done manually.
    Even if this can't be done I still feel that this is a good little programme that you could run in your work place, local pub, or amongst your friends and family.

Many Thanks
    Gary Hunt

Hi There, Here's a little programme I wrote for the upcoming World Cup
    I run this at my workplace and usually get about 80-100 people entering.

Here's how it works:
    1. Ask everyone to make their selections based on the following criteria: Give 32 pts to the Country you think will win the world cup, 31 pts to the runner up, and so on down to the Country you consider the weakest on just 1 pt.
    2. Enter everybody's selections
    3. Enter the number of wins draws and goals after every game.
    4. Sort & share the results.

That's all there is to it.

How much you charge to enter and how you split the prize money is up to you.

If anybody wants to add any improvements then they would be welcomed.

All the best Gary Hunt

Before I explain what help I need I suppose i best explain what the programme does.

I've created this fantasy football programe to calculate all the scores from all matches in this years European Championships.

Basically everybody ranks each team from 1 to 16, giving 16 points to the country you think will win the european championship, 15 points to the runner up, and so on down to the country, you think is the weakest on just 1 point.

Everytime I try and change one of the values in the 'Results' tab I get an "Compile Error/Syntax Error".

What this macro should do is sort all the data in the "League Table" tab into a highscore table list.

Many Thanks for any help or advise offered.

Gary Hunt

Code
    Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Range("b1").CurrentRegion.Sort _
    Key1:=Range("h2"), Order1:=xldescending,
    Key2:=Range("c2"), Order2:=xldescending,
    key3:=Range("e2"), order3:=x1descending,
    Header:=xlYes
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

I hope this is something simple, I've look at the past questions but none of them quite match what i'm trying to do.

Re: Count Lottery Rollovers

Thanks for that. you guys are great !!!!!

I'm trying to get excel to count the number of single double and treble lottery rollovers. I can get the single count to work but have no idea how to count double and treble rollovers, (i.e. two or three draws that have no winners in sucessive draws.) I also need it to ignore draws that have yet to be drawn. I've added a sample peice of code to show what I mean.

Many Thanks for any help offered.

Gary Hunt

I'm having trouble getting the days since count to work correcty. It works fine when only counting the number of days that have elpases between a number being drawn in a lottery draw (Main numbers Only), and it being drawn again as a main number. However if I try to include the bonus ball into this count, it just returns an error. I've tried altering the old code, but I can't get it right. I've included 2 old codes as an example. Sorry I can't include the full programme as it's huge, way to big for this forum.

Many Thanks for any help or advise offered.

Re: Count Range Of Numbers

Thanks for the reply, Can you just confirm that you can put spaces into formulas and don't effect the operation or the result? Does that effect the 256 charater formula limit?

Thanks

Gary Hunt