Posts by nathan

Re: sorting pivot table

that adds all the times together for each ski which is not quite right. the lap times are cumulative. i.e. the time for the 3rd lap includes all 3 laps so I need to use max on the lap time.

once I get the PT I may just need to copy and paste special formats and values and do a manual sort.

Hi

I have a simple pivot table but I can only seem to sort by 1 column.

It is for jet ski racing to work out the winner. I need to sort the data first by the number of laps (descending order) and then by the total time (ascending)

here is a screen shot of what I have.
    data on the left is ski number and times at which it passed the start/finish
    the PT on the right is showing ski number then count(ski) then max (laptime)

I have sorted by laps but need to sub sort by max laptime

Thanks

Re: Setfocus on textbox

Dave

Sorry about the code tags :oops:

But thank you VERY MUCH for the solution YAY works like a charm

:dance:

it is just a simple project to help the scorers at the jetski racing.. they will be VERY happy now..

Thanks heaps

I am having trouble with the setfocus command and I have done a bit of searching and it appears I am not alone but with my very limited knowledge of vba I cannot seem to work it out.

I have managed to get the following code (with help) but the setfocus in the Private Sub cmdnextski_Enter() is not working and after pressing enter a different button is selected on the form.

basically the form asks for a number and when enter is pressed I want the number and time to be written to the sheet. works fine using the click sub but not the enter sub.

here is the code

---------------------

----------------------------------

Thanks in advance
    Nathan