Posts by MACKE

I want to count the number of data rows in Sheet 1, Count the number of data rows in Sheet 2 and display a message if they are not equal.

I have tried various IF(COUNTA statements but cannot get the correct syntax.
    MACKE

Re: Lookup On Filtered List

I have probably not explained myself very well sorry.

I have 2 worksheets.

The first sheet has an autofilter on it and I need to do a lookup on Sheet 2 based on the value of the first cell in sheet 1.

So if for instance I filter on Sheet 1 for VCP/3301/MP I would like to use that value as my lookup criteria to extract a value from column 2 on Sheet 2.

I need to perform a lookup on the first row of a filtered list. i.e. If I search for VCP/3301/MP the filter displays all rows containing that part number. The first row after the header row may be say A320. The next time I search for a different code the first row may be at A120. How can I select this first row for my lookup?

macke

Re: newbie vba help

Hi

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

How can I see the code, so I can try to understand it.

Re: newbie vba help

Hi

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

How can I see the code, so I can try to understand it.

I have never done any VBA programming in Excel and would like to do the following:-

I have a spreadsheet with 4 columns. Stock_Code, Description, Qty in Stock, Location
    I would like to have a button on the toolbar, which when pressed will bring up a dialogue box to allow the user to input a Stock_Code. On entry the sheet would filter to only show the rows contaning this Stock_Code. I would also need to be able to turn this filter off. Posibbly another button with Show All Records.

Where do I start?