Posts by miss*m

Hi,

Everytime I draw a graph in Excel it takes me a couple of minutes to clean it up – have the font and size that I want, the colours that I want (according to colours approved by my company) etc…. I was wondering if there is a way that I can do this quicker with a macro – or somehow automatically format my graphs so that they look qight without me fussing around.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    :)

Hi guys,

I'm trying to add a custom trednline to some data and for some reason its not working. I want a y=x line that goes through my data and not a line of best fit. No matter what I do, I am only getting a line of best fit.

What I want:
    A y=x line that goes through the point (0,0).

What I'm doing:
    I am plotting certain data points.

but I want to add I guess a reference (trend) line that is in the form of "Y = x".

So in the "format trendline" box, I choose "options" and then select "custom" & type in and equation "y=x" which I dont think is teh correct way to do it...

Please oh please help!!!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Desperate: using DSUM and trouble with empty cells

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help but your solution does not seem answer my problem. you've only selected the 1st column as the criteria but the whole point for why I'm using DSUM is so that I can apply it to multiple criteria..

Any other solutions?

Re: DSUM with empty/blank cells

Quote from Dave Hawley

Hi Miss M

Please don't include superfluous words in your Thread titles as it waters down the search ability of the forum. I have remove the superfluous words.

For your DSUM problem, can you not also use 0 as a criteria? Or, use ="" to identify blanks?

Hi,

Sorry about the heading. wont happen again!
    that's exactly what I dont want- I dont want 0's in the criteria and even using "", Excel interprets it as a 0.

Hi all,

I am absolutely struggling with the following.
    please see attached worksheet:
    - The sample data is located in worksheet titled "data"
    - I make selections in worksheet "portfolio worth calculation".. Please note I have more than two selections but have not included them in the attachment for simplicity.
    - I am trying to use the DSUM function to add up certain columns based on the selections made above.
    - In the worksheet titled "DSUM", I've put in all the headers again and underneath I've entered the criteria that I want (inputs directly from the selection worksheet).
    Problem:
    1. DSUM function is not working because of the if statements in the red - highlighted criteria in worksheet "DSUM".
    2. This is because Excel interprets the "" or blankness as equalling zero and uses zero as a criteria.

How do I overcome this problem?
    Is there an alternate solution?

Please oh please help!
    Thanks
    Miss*M

Hi guys,

I'm trying to manipulate some data for my thesis and I've been trying for hours but cannot figure this out, so any help would be much much appreciated.

Here's the prob:
    Currently the data is in the following format:

A B C
    1 Fund Date MER
    2 22 31/10/1990 2
    3 22 31/12/1990 3
    4 33 28/02/1991 1
    5 56 31/11/1990 0.1
    6 56 28/02/1991 1

So each fund has several different entries in the final two columns based on varying dates.
    But I want the data transformed so that I have the dates in row 1 and funds in column 1. And the MER value to be the match of the two. BUT I also need the dates to find their spot in the columns- so that it should look like this.

A B C D E F
    1 Fund/Date 31/10/1990 31/11/1990 31/12/1990 31/01/1991 28/02/1991
    2 22 2 3
    3 33 1
    4 56 0.1 1

I desperately need this, so all you Excel gurus, please help!

Thanks
    miss*m