Posts by hgus393

Re: Insert A Line Where Chart Is Breakeven (or Changes From Positive To Negative)

Quote from shg

Add another (or several more) series, and compute the endpoints based on the x data.

It might be simpler to use VBA than formulas to detect the transitions of interest.

Eh, ok I am a rookie at charting but I have posted what I would like it to look like...The vertical line is a drawn line.
    Robert

Re: Charting With The Possibility To Choose Units

Quote from davecurtis

Hi Robert,

You could try as in the attachment.
    I usually avoid using check boxes for this as it tends to bloat the file size.
    It does leave gaps in the chart, but that can be solved fairly easily.

Dave

Nice!
    Thanx alot this is along the lines like another solution that I found online, check it out it's pretty cool:

http://processtrends.com/pg_interactive_chart_checkboxes.htm

Thanx

Robert

Hi all,

I am trying to bring my charting skills up to date, and all I can say is that I am not good. What I am trying to accomplish is a graph where I can choose in the graph ie by a check box which units I want to include. In some instances perhaps I would like all units and in some instances only a couple. Is this possible to do? I have included some data that might be useful to work with.

Thankful for any help!!

Robert

Re: Find Where Values Change From Positive To Negative

Hum,

I can't get this to work, I transposed the Matrix so the Column A becomes Date And Column B becomes values, sort by value; ascending. I only get Circular reference...:(

Robert[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]Ok,

Got it array formulas.. Thanx everyone It worked like a charm!

;)

Robert

Hi all,
    I have a series that comprises of two rows:
    Row 1 is date
    Row 2 are values

I am trying to find a formula where I can identify where in row two the value chages from positive to negative, and where it changes from positive to negative it should return the date the value changes from positive to negative ie:
    ROW 1 08-Jan 09-Jan 10-Jan
    ROW 2 1111 22222 -33333

The formula should identify that in row 2 the negative value occurs at -33333 and at the 10th of January.

Is this possible to accomplish by a formula?

Cheers

Robert

Re: Stacked Column Chart

Quote from eezee319

As far as I am aware stacked chart gets you to the total by adding together component parts of that total, i.e., you cannot stack component part and total to get the total. What I would do in this case I would crate a bar chart using A and A Total values and then change chart settings to make the bars overlap. See attached file for a brief example.

That is very nice, However can I do this over the line for all groups? I.e. have seperate bars for each group?

Thanx

Robert

Hi all,
    I have little exprience from charting in Xl and I wonder if there is some one that can help me to unravel a bit of a mystery. I have a spreadsheet where I have some data. The data is divided into two parts we have part A that is a figure and then I have a A total which is a figure which part A cannot exceed and then what I would like to do is to create a Stacked Column Chart where I have an A total column where the maximum amount is the total A and where I would like to show how much A has utilized the A total. Is there a way to do that?

Cheers

Rob

Re: Running Total Of Subtotal Values

Ahem...

I 'll let the smilie do my talking

:0ops:

Yeah ofcourse you are right, only pasted the formula from b2 and downwards ignoring the first part, no wonder I got circular.....:censored:

Thanx all involved and shame on me!!

Robert

Quote from turtle44

Enter in C2 and copy down as needed:
    =IF(RIGHT($A2,5)<>"Total", SUMIF($A$1:$A2,$A2,$B:$B),"")

Thank you turtle44, you are a star, this is exactly what I needed...:thanx:

Robert

Thanx zimitry,

The formula works fine if I needed the answer on a single row.

However, the formula needs to sum row by row and not by the total amount on a single row. I have toyed with the idea of conditional sum but it doesn't do what I want it to do.

//Robert

Hi,

I think I was a bit unclear what I needed help with, the formula works fine for all the rows and all the groups. However, I would need a formula that only sums respective group ie. the running sum of all A's, B's etc. Sorry for being unclear.

Cheers

Robert

Hi all hacks,

I have a sheet where I have autosum, I would like to have a continous/running sum that adds up the total amount row by row. Since the apperance of the sheet changes daily I cannot simply use a formula to get round this. Is there a way I can create a macro to do this task. I have enclosed a worksheet, Is there a way to replicate what I am doing in column C i.e. running Sum by doing a macro?

Thankful for any help

Cheers

Robert

Hi all,

I have a conversion issue. I have a sheet that is In Japanese (Shift-JIS) and some characters are replaced by boxes (squares), I have tried to record a macro to combat this, ie copy the symbols (squares) and replacing the squares with a corresponding letter. It works when I record the macro, but when I run the macro again it replaces everything with the letter I choose. Plaese see code:

Code
    Sub replacing()
        Columns("A:A").Select
        Selection.Replace What:="??", Replacement:="RR", LookAt:=xlPart, _
            SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
            ReplaceFormat:=False
    End Sub

It seems that the macro is not able to record the squares and replace them with R. Please see attached xlsheet.

Thanx

Robert