Posts by simonw

Hi there!

I hope my problem is a simple one, however I have been unable to find a solution so far by searching these forums.

I have a workbook with a pile of data on around 12 different sheets. What I need is to sort through all the sheets and copy and pasted in cells that are in bold into a new sheet. Bare in mind there are bold cells scattered all over the place.

Thank you very much :)

Re: Copy cells to the next "available" row

Hi Strato,

I too strugle with VBA so forgive me if this is not what you need.

Code
    Sub macro()
        Range("B19:G19").Select
        Selection.Copy
                Do While ActiveCell.Value <> Empty
                    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
                Loop
            ActiveSheet.Paste
    End Sub

Hi guys.

Is there anyway to use, say a for loop, to shorten this code?

I can't think of anything of the top of my head!

Hi guys,

When the macro copies data from a spreadsheet range into a number of textboxes on a form it adds a weird symbol next to each word.

The rest of the macro then completely screws up but if I pause it, delete all these symbols and then let it carry on it runs fine.

How do I stop it from including these symbols with the paste?

You can see the picture to understand what I mean.

Thanks all.

Re: Shortening this code

Hi Max Lux,

I understand the feeling, I am still learning too :)

I have checked your code but it seems identical to what I am already using. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your input.

*edit*

I just noticed that you have placed some of it onto the same lines etc.. That's great thanks! However, I am after more of something like loop etc...

Re: Shortening this code

Hi Roy.

Basically, it will select a cell that the user selects by typing it in a textbox. It will then fill 20 other textboxes with data from that cell and the 19 that follow.

I have redifined I as a string variable, sorry that was my mistake.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Hi guys.

As this code has a repeating pattern, would there be an easy way to shorten it into a loop or something?

thanks