Posts by bunty_1244

Hi All,

I have a data table from column A-D. I want to identify the category in which each student has highest marks.

For some data manipulation purpose, I would like to have the category printed on a row which had the highest marks for a particular student.

Attached is my data table and I have manually typed the end result that I want to achieve by formula. Please note that there are varying rows as per students, E.g. Alex has 3 rows, Bob has 2 and Kim has 4. If the formula can print the result in a same row which had highest marks per student it would be great.

Appreciate your time.

Best,

Re: Excel User form error:35787-Can't set value to NULL when check box property = FAL

Hi Smallman,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have posted my file at: http://sdrv.ms/Ve9WkD

You will need to change the database path in the code (from where all controls on the user form populates list values). The problem was the range "CurRow" cell Q2 which change when you click next and previous, I have recorded a macro and put that code when the form initialize, it basically set back q2's value to 2 so now I am not getting this error when the form is opened(initialized), however when I reached to the last cell where my data ends it the "CurRow" value is 30 it again showing the same error.("35787-Can't set value to NULL when check box property = FALSE") which I am trying to resolve. Other thing is that, before I was able to append values by clicking the "Done" button but now when I click done it does not append values to the sheet, may be it is happening due to "boolDataOK = False" which I need in my code in order to restrict any unusual entries written to the sheet. I hope once you review entire code, you would get to know what I am trying to say.

Please advice :(

Hi Experts,

I have created one excel user form for some data entry. I am not able to initialize the form, I am getting the error 35787 - " Can't set value to NULL when check box property = FALSE" I understand that this is to do with the datepicker, however I am not able to figure it out.

Just an FYI : there are data present in the worksheet where user form writes the data...

Please Advice...

Thanks,

Sum based on date ranges.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with creating one logical formula.

I have an excel sheet with two columns.

A1: Date B1: Time Spent

[TABLE="width: 276"]

[tr]

[td]

Date

[/td]

[td]

Time spent (in Minutes)

[/td]

[td]

Total

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

1/26/2012

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

1/26/2012

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

1/26/2012

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

1/29/2012

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

1/29/2012

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

1/29/2012

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

As per above figure I want to sum based on the same dates. I.e A2 has date 1/26/2012 for which first entry is 12 so total will say 12 in C1, for the same date second entry is 14 so 12+14=26 is there in total at C2, for the third and last entry of 1/26/2012 it’s 16 so total would be 12+14+16 = 42 in C3 which is grand total for 1/26/2012. I want to fill entire C column with some logical formula so that the logic holds true for various dates. I have tried to use the IF formula like =IF(A1=A2,SUM(B1:B2)) but it fails at third cell. Can we do this? I have tried several ways to do this but no luck so far…

Please review attachment.

I would really appreciate any advise towards this.

Dear All,
    I am in process of making one excel 2007 user form. The aim is to track work done by each employee in my team. It is a Timesheet template. Currently we are using excel template to enter data, where we are facing issues such as user does not pay attention to the data validation, upon deleting rows they have removed validation in their file. Now I am in process of making one user form from which they can enter their daily data, and I want this (ATTACHED) user form to be very strict control on user to do daily entry.
    The general procedure to follow is:
    User will first picks date, then selects the team from list box, then fill the rest information, enter minutes, once everything is filled for one report the minutes for that day will appear in “Total Minute” then user will click on “Append” to append one row in database sheet called “Timesheet” then user will click on reset to reset everything then he will do second entry for second report for the same day, and so on, at the end user will know that total number of minutes has been utilized by looking at “Total Minute”. To update yeaterday’s entry user will first select yesterday’s date, this will show up very first entry of that day, upon making changes user will say “Update” then he will click on spin button to go to next entry (to update) of that day and hence yeaterday’s entry would be updated (not appended) in the database.

I have also attached my file for your reference in which I have created the user form.
    Let me share some strict rules, which I want in this file.
    1. The first field is “Date”. The next field should only open when user pick date. Once user pick date, the next open field would be “Team” once team is filled the next open field would be “Report Type” In short upon selecting one field the next should be open and the rest would be grayed out.
    2. Workdone: In this field once I select any of this field then the same field should populate in “Report Name” and the same entry in “Report Name” would be grayed out, while the field “Workdone” should be still open to select as user may change his mind.
    [TABLE="width: 375"]

[tr]

[td]

“Internal”, “Team Meeting”, “Training”, “Full Day Leave”, “Half Day Leave”, “No Work”, “Holiday”

3. I want to add one command box called “Delete” : If user want to delete any record then by clicking “Delete” the same entry line in database tab called “Timesheet” would be deleted (Shift entire row up)
    4. There should be only one “No Work” in one day.
    5. Time spent field should only take numerics.
    6. If anything is left blank then it should not allow user to append any record, it should pop up a message saying that “…. Field” is missing and cursor should directly go to that field.

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

I have created this form, and trying to write code for each control to work properly. I have covered everything and I hope you will understand my purpose, feel free to change any part as you would better understand my requirements while developing this code.

I would really appreciate if anyone can write codes in this file and reverts back to me, as I am beginner to VBA.

Thanks soo much in advance.

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[/tr]