Posts by jstevens

When sending an email I have code running that attempts to create an exact replica of the email in a New Mail item. The problem I'm running into is that any images in the body of the email are being removed. I included an example of what happens to the picture in this new mail item.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55891[/ATTACH]

I am using the Calendar Tool where a user can choose a date from a userform in VBA. Many users have access to this macro, but the code is protected. It seems that every once in a while the Calendar disappears from the form causing the macro to Error out. The message I get is "Compile error in hidden module". The reason I am getting this error is because it cannot find the Calendar because it has disappeared. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

I have a listbox in VBA that is built from a Range(AB2:AH50). The problem is that the font for column AB is WingDings (because I want to use a checkmark character) and the rest of the columns are Arial, but when I transfer the data to the listbox it automatically converts it to the font I have set up for the listbox. Is there anyway to change the formatting of one column in the listbox?

Thanks,
    Jason

Re: Send Email With Macro

This seems to work 100% of the time now...not sure if it is the most efficient though.

Re: Send Email With Macro

Sorry, my bad...I think the reason that I can't use CDO is because there are going to be people on many different servers using this. I know send keys isn't the most reliable but I'm stuck at this point. I was just wondering if there is anyway to tell excel that the email was sent and if not keep trying until it is sent.

Re: Sending Email With Vba Loop Function

I tried that but it gives me an error message...I think it is because I am on a work computer. Any other suggestions. The send keys function works about 80% of the time...but I want to put a loop in there to keep sending the Alt&S until the message is sent. Thanks for the help.

Re: Sending Email With Vba Loop Function

That was just the section of the code I was having a problem with...and I'm stuck with using send keys because I am using a work computer and I don't want to get the alert messages when I try to automatically send emails. This is a bit more of the code:

I'm using the send keys funtion to send a workbook attachment from excel through Outlook. I want to loop until the message is sent. This is what i have for that part, but it doesn't work...I can't figure out how to tell vba that the message was sent. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Code
    Do Until Windows(Subj & " - Message").Close = True
            Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
            Application.SendKeys "%s"
        Loop

Thanks,
    Jason

Can somebody help me with a formula that will extract a word located between parenthesis. For example in cell A1 there is: Microsoft Corp (MSFT) Owned, and I want to extract just MSFT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

I'm trying to delete an item from a listbox after transferring it to another listbox. There are multiple selections, so I'm looking to transfer all of the selections to the second listbox and remove them from the first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is what I have so far:

I want to be able to use column numbers instaed of letters when selecting a range in VBA. My current code is:

Range("G12:Z500").Select

The columns, however are reliant upon a variable, therefore I would like to be able to use that variable to change the columns when selecting this range.

Any suggestions.

Hello, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I want to import data from a SQL database into excel using VBA and ADO. I am comfortable writing code in VBA but am unfamiliar with ADO and writing SQL queries. I'm not really sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

Re: Sorting By Absolute Values

I'm looking to use a drop down box with a macro attached to it that will sort the column by absolute values instead of by true values. But I want the values to remain negative if they are negative and possitive if they are possitive.

The sort (from high to low) would look like this:

and so on...

Is there an easier way to sort a column full of numbers by their absolute value without having to create an additional column, use formulas to get the absolute, then sort that column and then delete it. I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Jason