Posts by corcelle

Re: Send Email from Excel (Lotus Notes)

OH -- Thank you! I definitely do not want it to loop. Suggestions for fixing that line to prevent it from looping?

Quote from mrmmickle1;770240

It appears that your code is looping through row 1 to the LastRow of data in column A. Is this what you intend it to do?

Code
    For x = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

For each row successfully executed you are getting the msgbox. How many rows of data do you have? You can expect to get that many msgbox pop ups....

Re: Send Email from Excel (Lotus Notes)

Hi, Thank you, but I am not using Outlook (I put Lotus Notes in the subject, apologies if it wasn't clear in the message body).

I have actually found code that works, except for one problem. The below code will send the email effectively, but then continues to ask me if I want to send the email Yes or No and confirms send . . . on loop, infinitely. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong.
    Hi, Thank you, but I am not using Outlook (I put Lotus Notes in the subject, apologies if it wasn't clear in the message body).

I have actually found code that works, except for one problem. The below code will send the email effectively, but then continues to ask me if I want to send the email Yes or No and confirms send . . . on loop, infinitely. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet stored in a SharePoint site. I want to add a button to the top of the spreadsheet that the originator can click when the checklist has been saved in the Sharepoint folder (alerting users it's ready to use).

I am not sure where to start to write VBA that will send a notification email to a few addresses when a button is clicked.

The suggested links don't seem to be what I'm looking for -- I do not need to send the spreadsheet itself, just a memo stating it is saved and available.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,
    Laura

Hello,

I have a series of data that lists projects and provides the Start Month/Year and End Month/Year for each project. On a separate workbook, I have a dashboard that is showing for each month: # of projects starting, # of projects ending, and # of projects in progress. I have figured out formulas for the first 2 but I cannot figure out how to depict the in progress one. Here's what I have:

# projects to start: =COUNTIF('Current Projects'!$AU$3:$AU$502,A11) where A11 is the month I want to know the data for and the range is the list of project start dates
    # projects to complete:
    =COUNTIF('Current Projects'!$AV$3:$AV$502,A11) where A11 is the month I want to know the data for and the range is the list of project completion dates

How do I determine for the month in "A11" if a project is between the 2 start and end dates?

Thanks for your help,
    Corcell

Hi everyone,

I have an existing userform that I programmed with all labels and text boxes. I want to change a few of the text boxes to pull-down menus with finite possible options, but I cannot find a way to program combo or list boxes to do this. The boxes will be simple -- one will have "Yes" and 'No" as an option and one will have "High" "Medium" and "Low" as options.

I already have the command buttons for Enter, Clear, and Close programmed . . . any help on how to add values to the combo box?

Thank you,
    Corcelle

Hello,

I have a user form that I created, that suddenly I cannot now move the location of the boxes/labels with the select tool. I can drag the corners to change the size, but I cannot move the buttons to a different location. I've tried restarting the program/computer and I deleted preferences based on some online advice, and it still will not work. Any ideas?

Hello,

I'm attaching sample data to help describe what I am looking for. On the attached, I'm trying to solve for H14. The formula should look in the above data and match D14 to column A and D12 to any occurrence in the Month columns (D12 could change to be any month) and then add the corresponding hours for matches. In other words, I want to know how many hours are allotted to Mary Davis for the month selected in D12, based on the 6 months of data above?

I tried my hand at a SumProduct formula but it delivered a #NAME error.

Thank you for your help,
    Corcelle

Hello,

I have a formula that is comparing the value of one cell to another range of cells. The values could be the same (They should be displaying Month Year) but the formulas are different, and I think that's why my formula is resulting in zero.

My formula is:
    =SUMPRODUCT(--('Current Projects'!$W$3:$AS$10=A7),'Current Projects'!$X$3:$AT$10)

Where Range W3:AT contain alternating columns Date, Hours, Date, Hours, etc.
    The columns with the Date are derived from a formula (=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(S3),MONTH(S3)+1,DAY(NOW())),"MMMM YYYY")
    A7, which is the attempted comparison field, is just pulling from a list of possible dates (October 2013 through September 2014)

Any idea how to make the formula reference/match the values instead of assuming they don't match because the formulas are different?

Hello,

I have the following formula to display a date in a column:
    =DATE(YEAR(S3),MONTH(S3)+1,DAY(NOW()))
    And I've formatted the cell to display it as "October 2013" etc.

On a separate worksheet I have a conditional formula that is searching for certain values in the above column and providing a sum of the adjacent column. However, it is delivering me zeros because (I believe) it is not matching the value, it is seeing the formula. Is it possible to have a formula look for the value of a cell only?

Thank you,
    Laura

Re: Finding SUM w/ Criteria Over a Large Range

I've attached a sample spreadsheet as my actual workbook is very large and I'm only managing a portion of it.

In the attached, I'm trying to solve for the ? field, where for any date put in the "Enter Date" field is looked for across the above data set and the corresponding hours are added together for that month only (and it would change if you change the date).

Does this help?

I have the following data set:

Columns A, C, E, G, I, K = Month Year (Text)
    Columns B, D, F, H, J, L = # of Hours

On a separate worksheet, I need to return the sum of the hours if a given month appears in any of the month columns . . . I've tried a few SUMIF and SUMPRODUCT combos, but it's not working?

Re: Formula for multiple "IF AND" combinations

One final questions (I hope)!

Can SUMPRODUCT work if I only have one criteria? I now need to deliver the SUM based on just the Month. Data is as:

Columns A, C, E, G, I, K = Month Year (Text)
    Columns B, D, F, H, J, L = # of Hours

I need to add the hours together for anywhere a specific Month Year appears.

Re: Formula for multiple "IF AND" combinations

Thank you so much - I tried the latter and it worked perfectly. I need to get familiar with the VLOOKUP Function as I think it would solve a lot of my needs, but I am still unsure as to how to go about it!

I have one more I cannot figure out that may benefit from a VLOOKUP but I'm unsure . . . In this case I need to add data together:

Column B = Name
    Columns C, E, G, I = Month
    Columns D, F, H, J = # Hours

On a separate worksheet I need to summarize the # of hours for anywhere Name X is listed AND Month Y is listed.

Can you help with this?

Thanks!
    Laura