Posts by corcelle

Hi there,
    I am attempting to pull the cell next to highlighted cells (cells I have highlighted via conditional formatting) into a list on another sheet. Is this possible?

Basically, I have asked conditional formatting to highlight the top 5 numeric values in a column. Next to that column in a text description. I want to pull the top 5 to another page and only list the text description. I'm wondering if there is an IF formula or some other way to look for the highlighted fields and pull the corresponding text.

Thank you!
    Corcelle

Re: Finding Top 3 Values and Returning Corresponding Text

I was actually able to make it work with the following formula:
    =INDEX($A$5:$A$30,MATCH(E2,$D$5:$D$30,0))

However it does not work when there are duplicate values (in the case, there are 2 occurances of the 2nd highest number). Thoughts?

THank you!

Quote from corcelle;646454

Thank you. This solution almost worked . . .

The first part works perfectly.

The second part (the INDEX formula) does not return the right value; it seems to return the second highest for the first, etc.
    Any thoughts on that?

Re: Finding Top 3 Values and Returning Corresponding Text

Thank you. This solution almost worked . . .

The first part works perfectly.

The second part (the INDEX formula) does not return the right value; it seems to return the second highest for the first, etc.
    Any thoughts on that?

Hello,
    I am created a scorecard for an upcoming evaluation. I want to do the following:
    Find the top 3 values in cells D5:D30
    For each of the 3, return the value in the corresponding cell A5:A30

Also, I need to account for the possibility of more than 1 of the same value in column D.

I am experienced with writing formulas but not macros! I've tried a few IF/MAX formulas but they have not worked, and I'm stuck.

All help would be appreciated!!
    CORCELLE