Posts by NelsonM

Re: Indirect Formula Question

Quote from Robert Mika;680159

forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/55806/
    Like this above?
    in this case F10 is Cell_find

Hi Robert

Sorry it's not exactly what I was trying to explain. I have attached a file. Hope it opens. Take a look at my formula on Sheet5 in Column C and compare it with the one next to it. In my formula, if I enter A6 into cell F1 I should get the same resulting 4. I am trying to copy the value in A6 from all the sheets. Instead it is entering exactly what is in cell F1.

Thanks

Nelson.

=INDIRECT("'" & $A2 & "'!F14")

In the above formula I do not want to have to enter a cell reference into the formula instead of F14(for fear of screwing up the formula). I would like to link the formula to a cell called, let's say, Cell_Find, and the formula will pick up what is entered in Cell_Find.

Am I making myself clear?

Thanks

Nelson

Re: Copy the same cell in multiple worksheets into one column

Hi Smallman

The naming of the cell is exactly what I need. You will then be able to enter any cell number in place of the c6 in the above code where I place the cell name, right? Just need to know how I go about entering the cell name into the Macro as code.

Do I need to open a new thread for this? The above code is what I need, but just to change the issue to replace the cell number with the code for cell name.

Thanks

Nelson

Re: Copy the same cell in multiple worksheets into one column

Quote from Smallman;648394

Errr no. You open the workbook, run the code and there is no Scrip error to speak of. I can't think what you are talking about. Goes like a dream. It is too simple to fail.

Smallman

Hi Smallman

Out of interest, what do I need to add to the code so change "c6" so I can enter any cell in a larger worksheet? If I am not mistaken I will need to Name the cell where I will enter the specific cell I want to copy and enter that CellName into the code where the c6 now stands. How do I do that?

Thanks

Hi

I have built a voucher in XL. I have prepared three of the same voucher on one page to save paper. I want to be able to print numbers on each voucher. I want to print, let say, 500 vouchers and I want the number to be printed in the same cell on each voucher. Also, when I need more vouchers, to start from 501, I want to be able to enter the number 501 and print however many vouchers I need. I do not know VBA, but if it means I have to copy the statement into an existing macro I'll survive.

Thanks for prompt replies and hope that it's not too complicated!