Posts by lloyd bangera

[USER="33159"]KjBox[/USER]

Thank you for the reply on the message chat box directly. I am copying our chat on the thread in-case some one else too might be able to crack the issue.

Below is the issue which I see. I hope I have explained it correctly.

Folder 1 has 10 sub-folders A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J.
    Each Subfolder has 100s of files.

The issue that I found out when running the code is.
    1. Example - Files which is currently present in sub-folder A does get zipped but the code saves the zipped file in Folder 1 and not in the same sub-folder where the original file belongs.

2. As soon as uncomment the kill command, the VBA deletes both the original file and the file which is present in the zipped shell. It just empties the zipped file.

I am not able to upload any folders or files on the thread because if I even touch the files or do anything with it then the accessed date changes to today and the files wont get zipped as the criteria is that anything which has not been touched for more than a month needs to be zipped.

[USER="33159"]KjBox[/USER]
    Thank you very much for your response. I did try the code you had mentioned but it does the same work. The files do get zipped and deleted but the zipped shell file is blank. Only the name of the original files are there but nothing inside the zipped folder.

Can you kindly have a look at the below. I have no clue as how to go about it.

1. I get an error message stating " Cannot move a compressed (Zipped) folder into itself " - I am assuming one cannot zip an already zipped file. In this case, can the code just skip that file and move forward.
    2. When I tried to uncomment on the "Kill vntFilePath " code, it would delete the files but the zipped files would be blank. The folder containing the zipped files would be blank. Not sure why this would happen.
    3. In place of accessed, can we modify the code to zip files not modified or date created. Some teams would want to zip and delete based on modified or create date option.
    4. Would it be possible to not have any message boxes in place. My folder has close to 800,000 files and I would want the code to run non-stop in the background without a comment box opening. We simply need to put in the options at the start while running the macro ( i.e. whether user needs to zip and delete files based on accessed, modified or created and the months)

Hello,

Can someone kindly have a look at the below code. It was written by a genius (Not me) and does 99% of the work as I required. There are some changes which are needed and I have no clue as to how to go about doing them.
    Below are the tweaks which I need. Please Please help me out.

1. I get an error message stating " Cannot move a compressed (Zipped) folder into itself " - I am assuming one cannot zip an already zipped file. In this case, can the code just skip that file and move forward.
    2. When I tried to uncomment on the "Kill vntFilePath " code, it would delete the files but the zipped files would be blank. The folder containing the zipped files would be blank. Not sure why this would happen.
    3. In place of accessed, can we modify the code to zip files not modified or date created. Some teams would want to zip and delete based on modified or create date option.
    4. Would it be possible to not have any message boxes in place. My folder has close to 800,000 files and I would want the code to run non-stop in the background without a comment box opening. We simply need to put in the options at the start while running the macro ( i.e. whether user needs to zip and delete files based on accessed, modified or created and the months)

Below is the complete code.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I want to delete the thread from the hire help section. I am not able to do it. Can you please help.
    Also, if you could help me on the code. I am really struggling here.

Hello,
    Can you please please help me. I am really struggling to find any code which will fulfill the below. I looked everywhere but am not able to find anything.

Below are the requirements for the code.

1. The VBA should go through all the folders and sub-folders and check each and every type of file. The user should only give the path for the top folder. The code should then check all the folders and sub folders within the top folder.

2. After checking the files, the code should zip all files which have not been accessed for more than 3 months. The accessed period is something which I should be able to change in future if required. It should allow me to change it to 1 month or 5 months if required.

3. After zipping the files, the code should delete the original files which were zipped.

4. The zipped file should be saved in the same path as the original file.

Hello,
    Please help me on the below zipping requirement. I have searched the web but am not able to get anything which can fulfill the below criterias. I am in urgent need of this code.

1. The VBA code should go through all the folders and sub-folders and check each and every file in those folders and sub-folders.
    2. After checking the files, the VBA code should zip all the files which have not been accessed for more than 3 months. The accessed period should be something which I can change at a later stage. i.e - if I need to change it from 3 months to 1 month or 6 months.
    3. After zipping the files, the VBA should delete the original files and save only the zipped file.
    4. The zipped file should be saved in the same place where the original file was saved.

Hello,
    Below are my requirements for zipping.

1. The VBA code should go through all the folders and sub-folders and check each and every file in those folders and sub-folders.
    2. After checking the files, the VBA code should zip all the files which have not been accessed for more than 3 months. The accessed period should be something which I can change at a later stage. i.e - if I need to change it from 3 months to 1 month or 6 months.
    3. After zipping the files, the VBA should delete the original files and save only the zipped file.
    4. The zipped file should be saved in the same place where the original file was saved.

I am really sorry but I had checked the link provided and I was not able to find anything which I could use. Maybe I am not doing it right.
    My requirements is as below.

VBA code to zip any type of files on a folder / sub folder which are not accessed for more than 3 months. The code should keep the zipped file and delete the original file.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the quick revert. I do not have any code at the moment. I am not even good at coding.
    I wanted to know if such a code exists which I can utilize.

Hello,
    Can you please help me with a VBA code to zip all files on a folder / sub folder which are not accessed for more than 3 months. I am not able to find an such VBA code.
    The sub folder / folder changes from person to person depending upon the access provided. It would be great if the Top folder can be mentioned and all the sub folders will be identified by the VBA code and then zip the files.
    After zipping the file, the code should delete the original file and only keep the zipped version.

I am struggling on this for days. You guys are my last hope

Regards
    Lloyd

Hello,

I have the below code which only provides me with date modified. Can you please help in adding date accessed and date created as well. I am not able to add that.

Hello All,
    Have got some great codes from this lovely site. Actually helped me overcome my fear of MACROS.
    I am stuck in a CODE which requires me to copy data from RUMBA AS/400 and paste it into excel. Have no clue as to how to go about creating it. Did not get anything anywhere on how can we enter RUMBA via excel and then copy data. Please let me know if anything is required from my end. My code doesnt require it to use logic. Only simple Copy from RUMBA and paste into excel action is required. Data pages runs between 50 to 100 pages. Need a loop code as well and an append code too.

Any help is greatly appreciated.