Posts by amritduttgautam

Re: Save A File As A Text (tab Delim) File Type

I think that is just a icon because you are saving it from excel.

If you right click on the file and select open with>choose program. a window will appear select "Notepad" application. and it will open in notepad and not in Excel.

You can also select the Check box on the window, that comes after Open with>Choose program, that says "always use the selected program to open this kind of file"

Re: Save A File As A Text (tab Delim) File Type

Hi,

What i can understand is that you want a CSV file not tab delimited file
    I tried it on my system and in Save As dialog box there is a option to save the file as csv if scroll a bit down in "Save as Type: " list.
    I am not sure if this has any thing to do with version . I am using Excel 2002

testing Hyperlink www.google.com

Amrit Dutt Gautam

Amrit Dutt Gautam

MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

Amrit Dutt Gautam

[RDV]Amrit Dutt Gautam[/RDV]

[VLOOKUP]Amrit Dutt Gautam[/VLOOKUP]

[PT]Amrit Dutt Gautam[/PT]

Re: Define Pivot Table Source As A Variable

Hi,

as per my understanding what you can do is that pick the name of the sheet in variable and then use that formula. Here is the simeple Example for refferencing the cell.

Code
    Sub Macro1()
        Dim SName As String
        Dim StrFormula
        SName = Sheets("APL").Range("D5")
        StrFormula = "=" + SName + "!D3"
        ActiveCell.Formula = StrFormula
        Range("D3").Select
    End Sub

in the above code i have stored the sheet name in variable "SName" and then created the stirng "StrFormula" using this and then used this string as formula

Hope this is what you were trying to do

Re: Checking User Imput To Stop Run-time Error

Hi,

Try this code

I have added a check to see weather it found the text or not by using

Code
    If r Is Nothing Then

Re: Case Sensitive Textbox Validation Against Numbers

Hi,

i tried both ways but it is not helping. when I enter value strting with number/Numeric then it gives me a message (which is OK) but when the Numeric is after text then it accepts it which is wrong.

What i want is that user should be able to enter chahracters between A to Z irrespective of Case (lower/upper) and nothing else no special characters, no spaces and no numerics.

Can this be done

Hi,

I have a user form to get some input from the user and want to make sure that in some textboxes user should be able enter only text i.e A to Z or a-z no numbers or special charecters.

i tried searching the threads and got this

i modified it to

but this only accepts captial alphabets i.e A,B,C.... and not a,b,c...

please help

Re: Macro Slows System By Opening 140+ Windows

Hi,

Quote from mastermind82

Sorry, but I don't exactly understand where I would put those two lines. Could you please specify?

Try using them like this.

Code
    Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) 
        Application.EnableEvents = False
        Application.OnTime TimeValue("12:00:00"), "GetData" 
        Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub