Posts by Kieran

Re: Excel VBA - Array help (convert code to an array)

bremen,

this is untested, but it may give you a start

Re: Valid Function - better idea?

CallMeJD,

try this

Re: outputting calculations and moveafterreturn not working

The moveafterreturn property relates to the direction that the active cells is selected after the return key is pressed.
    In a macro keys are not pressed (you could use sendkeys - but dont) so the setting has no effect.
    If you want to move to the next cell use something like

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate

Re: Updating averages VBA

Try the last line with extra spaces like

Cells(4, 7).Value = "=AVERAGE(G5:G" & next_cell & ")"
    It seems the intepreter was the problem, not your code

Re: SetFocus on TextBox as first control in a frame

Batman,

Have you tried creating another control that receives that focus in the activate/initiiaise event, then transfer the focus to the textbox and then hide the origianally focussed control.
    This will avoid the prboblem where your form has only the one textbox control visible and also work where the tere are multiple controld visible.

Re: Formula error

stan,

The formula =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A65534=G1)*(C2:C65534=F2)*(D2:D65534)) will work.
    Sumproduct does not like using the whole of a column (eg C:C), so you have to specify a lesser range

Re: Saving files using loops in VBA

Try (this is untested..)

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    ConvertFiles
    End Sub

Private Sub OpenTxtFile(FName As String)
    FName = FName & ".txt"
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ChDir "J:\txtdocs\actual"
    Workbooks.OpenText Filename:= _
    "J:\txtdocs\actual\rptResourcePlanHistoryye.txt", Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=True, Tab:=False, Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=True, Other:=False, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1), Array(5, 1), Array(6, 1), Array(7, 1), Array(8, 1), Array(9, 1))
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    End Sub

Private Sub SaveXlsFile(FName As String)
    FName = FName & ".xls"
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ChDir "J:\execldocs\actual"
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
    "J:\execldocs\actual\rptResourcePlanHistorycorrye.xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    ActiveWorkbook.Close
    End Sub

Private Sub ConvertFiles()

Dim Fnames(1) As String
    Dim i As Integer

Fnames(0) = "J:\txtdocs\actual\rptResourcePlanHistoryye"
    Fnames(1) = "rptResourcePlanHistoryye"

For i = 0 To UBound(Fnames)
    OpenTxtFile (Fnames(i))
    SaveXlsFile (Fnames(i))
    Next
    End Sub

Re: macro is giving an error on lock worksheet

When using a macro to insert values to a locked and protected sheet, you need to unprotect the sheet, then enter the data, then reapply the protection.
    This can be done within the macro, and occurs so quickly that the users will not have an opportunity to amend the data.

Re: Group search

Mac See,

My apologies, I set the lokup indicies up incorrectly.

Look at line 128 - the row number should be 10 not 9.

The formula shoud now then work.

Re: printing multiple copies in macro

Insert the line

msgbox Activeworkbook.Sheets("Store Summary").cells(65, 3).value & " " & isnumeric(Activeworkbook.Sheets("Store Summary").cells(65, 3).value)

in the subroutine.
    It will indicate the value, and whether it is a number or not.

If you have the correct value, and it is not a number then it needs to be converted using val(Activeworkbook.Sheets("Store Summary").cells(65, 3).value)or similar.

Cells(65,3) equates to row 65, column 3 or or C65 in normal terms.

Is that the correct cell that you are using for entry, if not the value will be 0, and trigger the message that you experience.

you can amend the line to read
    Activeworkbook.Sheets("Store Summary").PrintOut Copies:=Activeworkbook.Sheets("Store Summary").[c65], Collate:=True

if it helps identify the correct cell

Try

Activeworkbook.Sheets("Store Summary").PrintOut Copies:=Activeworkbook.Sheets("Store Summary").cells(65, 3).value, Collate:=True
    Sheets("Sales Cube").Select
    End Sub

Untested - but hopeful...

Re: copy conditional formatting

Go to the toolbars, customise menu, select the commants tab, format options, The format painter is the 10th item down the scrolling list. Drag the icon to your toolbar and it is done.

it may work without this, if you use the paste special>format option.

Re: copy conditional formatting

It seems that you have set the references to absolute, so try changing

condition 1 =and($A$1="a";$b$1="a") put the selected cells a selected (A1 to K1) in red to tell me i make the error of selecting A1 and B1
    condition 2 =$A$1="a" put my selection in yellow
    condition 3 =$b$1="a" put my selection blue

to

condition 1 =and($A1="a";$b1="a") put the selected cells a selected (A1 to K1) in red to tell me i make the error of selecting A1 and B1
    condition 2 =$A1="a" put my selection in yellow
    condition 3 =$b1="a" put my selection blue

and then copy the format down using the format painter tool.

Re: Count cells in non-zero batches

Greg,

In the count column, put =IF(AND(A1<>0, A2=0),COUNTIF($A$1:A1,">0"),0) in the first cell and =IF(AND(A2<>0, A3=0),COUNTIF($A$1:A2,">0")-SUM($B$1:B1),0) in the second cell and copy down.

These formulas assume that you data ins in cell a1 down, and the calculation is in column b adjacent, adjust the references as appropriate.