Posts by james8427

Hi all

I have attached a file below which I need help.

I have 2 worksheets: Data1 & Data2

I need Data1 to look exactly like Data2
    I need the macro to be dynamic.

I have created a macro, but I dun think it works the way I want.

When I click on the button, it prompts me for heading for new row, and when I filled it up and also hit ENTER, one of the existing rows would be OVERWRITTEN, which is not what I need. I need to have an extra row instead.

I also need help to create a new row in the product list.

thanks alot!

Rdgs

Hi Roy

Thanks for taking time off to reply my post.

Pls take a look at the previous few follow up for this post.. i need help...
    This post is in this thread...

posted on 7/28/2003 at 03:47 PM

hey hey...

Hi Roy,

I also need your help, i was thinking to make it more dynamic. I have attached a file with this.

I need three different kinds of InsertColumns.

You can teach me how to create multiple and I will play around with it.

If I click on Button(InsertForecast Column), it would have one prompt for heading and and one prompt for Country.

If I click on Button(InsertWarehouse Column), it would have one prompt for heading and and one prompt for Plant.

If I click on Button(InsertShipment Column), it would have one prompt for heading and and one prompt for Country.

The result would look like sheet2.

Rdgs
    James

Attachment: InsertNewColumn009.xls (24kb)
    This file has been downloaded 0 times

http://ozgrid.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5240

Hi Roy,

I also need your help, i was thinking to make it more dynamic. I have attached a file with this.

I need three different kinds of InsertColumns.

You can teach me how to create multiple and I will play around with it.

If I click on Button(InsertForecast Column), it would have one prompt for heading and and one prompt for Country.

If I click on Button(InsertWarehouse Column), it would have one prompt for heading and and one prompt for Plant.

If I click on Button(InsertShipment Column), it would have one prompt for heading and and one prompt for Country.

The result would look like sheet2.

Rdgs
    James

Hi Roy

you have been a great help!!

I understand that I need to wrap the text.
    But Could I actually ask for 2 InputBox prompts?

1st InputBox: Ask for heading
    2nd Input Box: Ask for PLant Name? Eg: A, B,C etc. If you copy my formulas from Column C3-C6 to D3-D6, you would understand that I need the 2nd Input Box.
    Cos I need it to Vlookup later On.

Do you want to copy the formula into the new column as well ?

and yes, i need excel to copy the formulae over.

Thanz

Hi all

I have a attached a filed with this.

Task:

I have a worksheet "Data", and it had category of warehouse.
    there might be times where the user need to add in new warehouse in the report, hence, I would like to automate the process where user can add a new column, example in green color. I was thnking that an interface would be gd. But, I want it to be dynamic, i need excel to actually add in the new column and ALSO prompt me to enter the Headings for the column, preferably an Input Box function... hmm... bearing in mind that... i may need to add 1 or 2 or even more columns...
    The data for the quantity are all VLOOKUPS from the Ref worksheet.

Anyone to help?

Rdgs
    james :wink1:

Hi all

As attached is the fiile that I need help on.

Background:
    You see 3 sheets: FGI, Data1 & Data2

FGI is the raw data that is being pulled out from a data base.

Data1 is the FINAL RESULT i would like to achieved.

Data2 is for the testing.
    Hmm...

Task: I would like excel to automate these worksheet. When I click on a command button, it would automatically EXTRACT(COPY) data from "FGI" and Paste it in "Data2".
    Conditions : The raw file is VERY raw and unformatted, hence, i would like Excel to pulled the meaningful data only. Data are those with Div = VF (Refer to Column B of Worksheets("FGI")).
    Reason: The fact that there are Blank Cells and Other stuffs, Which are irrelevant for me, I would not want them, hence, just by identifying DIV = VF would be great. Cos, the final result would look something like Data1.

Another thing is, you guys may suggest:
    1. I manually do it and format them.
    I cant manually do it, because I am doing an automation of generation of report, and this data consist only 10% of the overall, if I manually do it, really a hassle.

2. I can record a macro with autoFilter.
    Yes, that one I have tried, it works perfectly good, BUT, I thought of the functionality in the long run(as long as possible). I am creating an automation of this reports for a group of users who doesnt have any knowledge of VBA and Excel, hence I need to make it robust. If they have the knowdge, change the macros would be a piece of cake, but I have constraints here. Moreover, the format of the raw file "FGI" may change over time, BUT the data is still intact, that's why I am thinking that by identifying Div = VF would be a great help.

Conclusion:
    VBA must be able to recognise the DIV = VF, and copy the whole row of data which consist of Div = VF.

For instance, Cell B3:B54 contains data that have Div = VF, it would copy the whole range and paste it at Data2.

Hope that helps

Thankz
    James :spin:

Hi Dave

your example is great, its something I want

But I am really apologetic

I have no idea about what you explained:
    "While in the example Workbook, select any of the 'Rounded Up" numbers in the Total field. Now, from the Pivot table toolbar go to Formulas>Calculated Field. Select "Rounded Up" from the Name: box.
    "

Rdgs
    james

Hi all

I have a question.

I have to round UP my data(numbers). But, i have no idea what to do?

I have calculated result for cell "Number of boxes" and the result is 4.4.

I need excel to Round Up the value to 5. Any number's that's more than 0.01, needs to be rounded UP instead of down.

I tried Round(A1,0) and Round(A1,1), it doesnt work.

Pls help..

Rdgs
    James
    :tumble: