Posts by EnginerdUNH

Re: automatic posting into cells

My friend was creating a regular multiplication table with numbers up to 250x250 and I had just taught myself how to convert from decimal to binary so I wanted to practice that by creating a multiplication table where lets 8x8 doesn't say 64 but instead will have the answer in binary. Now, because binary can take a while to input based on the size of the answer you're converting, I felt it is annoying to go finish a row and then copy and transpose the results into the corresponding column whereas if I had a way that I could automatically have them entered into the corresponding cells in that column as I type in the row then it would be much easier and I could complete the table a lot faster

Re: automatic posting into cells

Hi,

this may or not help both Apo and cytop but here goes. Lets say the first row looked like this:
    A B C D E F G H I J K

Then the first column would look like this:
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K

Now lets say the second row looks like this:
    B D F H J L N P R T V

Then the second column would look like this:
    B
    D
    F
    H
    J
    L
    N
    P
    R
    T
    V

and altogether it should look like this so far:
    A B C D E F G H I J K
    B D F H J L N P R T V
    C F
    D H
    E J
    F L
    G N
    H P
    I R
    J T
    K V

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any more clarification

[FONT="Verdana"]Hi, I amcurrently trying to make a multiplication table style data table in which thesame information that goes across the rows also needs to go down in thecolumns. Because there is a lot of information that I need to type andcurrently need to immediately copy and transpose into the right columns, I waswondering if there is a way to set excel to automatically type what I type intothe correct corresponding cell. For an example of what I'm talking about,this is an idea of what I'm looking for:[/FONT]
    [FONT="Verdana"] [/FONT]
    [FONT="Verdana"]If the rowlooks like this:[/FONT]
    [FONT="Verdana"]A B C D E F G HI J K[/FONT]
    [FONT="Verdana"] [/FONT]
    [FONT="Verdana"]I also need thecolumn to display like this:[/FONT]
    [FONT="Verdana"]A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K[/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"] [/FONT]
    [FONT="Verdana"]And I amwondering if there is a way to tell excel to automatically fill the correctcolumn in like this so that I don’t have to copy and transpose each row everytime I complete a new one.[/FONT]