Posts by larbec

Re: Adding Numbered Patterns vertically

That's weird how it deleted my numbers hmm. Let me upload another file and post
    It really is pretty simple what I want to do. I have a feeing everyone is trying to read into this more LOL. All I want to do is count down the rows at the last digit in each 4 digit number. If you look below, the last digit (2229 last digit is a "9") (1239 last digit is a "9") and so on. okay, if you count down at the last digit you will see 4 "9"s. I want to put a "4" in the next column next to the top 9

Then you have "3" "4"s counting down. I want to put a "3" in the next column next to the top 4 (123 4)

222 9 there are four "9"s so put a "4" in the next column over from the 9s 4

123 9

154 9. "4"

458 9

123 4 there are three"4"s so put a"3" in the next column over 3

123 4 "3"

985 4

Re: Identify Number Patterns

I have messed around with this for hours When I run the macro and copy the results and then paste them to a new worksheet it loses the borders around the cells after about 20 rows and doesn't let me place a border around the cells either. I noticed this morning that if I paste it in the first row first column its fine. If I paste it in say column 10 it loses the border??

Re: Adding Numbered Patterns vertically

Do I just add this to a blank page? I'm somewhat new on how to set upa macro. Wil I need to make a button to push to make it run? Please explIn steps I need to take?

thanks

I am trying to add how many "liked" numbers are in each row vertically and give me the total off to the side. I have attached a sample but basically this is what I am looking for

8 =4
    1 =2
    2 =1
    3 =3
    4 =2

Code

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv66…n08/Count%20Vertical.xlsx

Code

I have tried this but I can not seem to get to work and I am sure someone else has a better idea than I. Thanks in advance for looking at this

Code

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mn6…bers_Solution%20GOOD.xlsm

Code

You never seem to amaze me KJ. This is saving me so much time with my searching its unbelievable. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!. Everything is working fantastic. I was doing the wrong format for copy paste. Thank you for explaining that to me too and I am so blessed that you have the patience for all of us. Again!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Which cells (columns) do put the 4 digits to search for the up/down?

I am confused. This upload does not have the same data I uploaded. It only has maybe 100 rows and I uploaded over 10,000. When I copy and paste the rest of the book it sits there and spins loading the data and runs really really slow. I am not sure what errors you speak of as I do not have any errors on my original as it runs fine with my other Macros. I am only copying and pasting

It is weird, this is what is happening. When I copy and paste from this book all is fine. When I copy from another book and paste to this worksheet it ask for the 5 numbers. I am using the same exact layout with all my books.

That was it, I have to enter the hidden column as a digit in order for it to work. I will load my book and report back Thanks KJ!!!!

Quote from larbec;708486

The Up?Down side is asking me to enter 5 numbers and there are only 4 in a sequence. Is it wanting the hidden cell to be an entry. Do I add the numbers under AA-AB-AD-AE? I have asked this before and so sure

The Up?Down side is asking me to enter 5 numbers and there are only 4 in a sequence. Is it wanting the hidden cell to be an entry. Do I add the numbers under AA-AB-AD-AE? I have asked this before and so sure

Okay, that's what I thought. Then why when I copy from this book and paste to a new sheet using paste special values I will only get the numbers without the colored cells. If I paste special using value and source formatting the colored cells appear but no borders and will not allow me to place a border around the cells

Quote from KjBox;708482

If you create a new sheet in a workbook then that sheet has no conditional formatting no matter what formatting exists on other sheets in the workbook. If you copy>>paste to that new sheet from a sheet that has conditional formatting (for the copied range) then the condition rules are pasted to the new sheet. Copy>>Paste Special>>Values will paste only the cell values of the copied range and not any of the formatting.

I did not know this. Thanks for explaining this to me. So, when I open a "new" sheet all formatting is on "that new sheet" it's not really blank? If so do I go into view code and delete everything? I've seen all the code before on a blank sheet but was afraid to delete it thinking it deleted all my sheets and books?

"If you want to copy some or all of that data to another sheet you need to do Copy>>Paste so that the formatting is also copied. If you copy to a sheet that already has formatting then the new formatting would be applied as well as the old. The best way to overcome that is to clear all conditional formatting on the destination sheet before pasting the new data."

I changed the Macro Do I place the digits for the Up/Down I columns AA,AB,AD,AE? If so, when I test it it came up no pattern and I used this book

I am copying and pasting values and it does not place the border when copied to a new sheet