Posts by zeromussc

Re: Find last Record, Insert Row, Copy previous formula down.

I don't want to necro an old thread but can't seem to find the rules related to bumping old threads D:

This solves an issue I am trying to deal with, and I can run the code on one worksheet, but I want to run it on multiple worksheets. Is there some way to make this module run on every single sheet in my workbook? I have its function tied to a button, and it works on the first worksheet but not all those that follow.

How do I do this? Sorry! Trying to learn for work and unfortunately, I haven't found a good resource to teach me the language of VB and its logic quite yet! And since so far, I only need it for this one project, some quick answers would be extremely helpful to me.

thanks!

I hope I am not breaking a rule, but this thread covers exactly my issue and would prefer not to open another topic.

Hello

I have been tasked with making an excel workbook for people to fill out. However, the number of rows will be variable, and must be numbered. I want to create a button which will create a new "final" row and then copy the information from the previous row into this new row. The issue is some of the cells within a row are merged, and there is a final row which has to move down as new rows are added. I have mocked up a visual for you on these forums.

The cells which share A1 are merged into one cell.

The Cells which share Final Row are merged into one cell.

I want to add three empty rows below "a1" and above "Final Row", then copy the contents of all "a1" related cells into the new empty cells. Individuals can then rename the new a1 rows to a2 and complete the work they need to do. By clicking a button it would allow this process to occur indefinitely.

If the button is best placed between the A1 row and the Final Row, where new cells are created above the button, that is fine with me. So long as the rows add themselves down. I am new to VB in excel and can't figure this out. I have tried searching but am unable to find a solution. I have also tried the macro recorder which does what I want in so far as inserting rows then copying, but they dont appear at the bottom of the "a series" list which will make numbering entries very difficult. Thanks for your help!
    [TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]

[tr]

[td]

a1

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td]

X

[/td]