Posts by adylim

hi all!

I'm building a spreadsheet to track inventory from the supplier and assigned to my butchers. I'd like to be able to assign the inventory based on a performance KPI (higher the better) but also it needs to be fair..eg if top KPI gets 1 inventory, doesn't mean he gets everything...

I have tried to use Large to find top values, but not sure where to go from there, eg how do I sort the values and assign the inventory and then make it more fair?

simplified spreadsheet attached.

TL:DR basically, many butchers make the requests...and we only have limited amounts to give out as per the spreadsheet, I don't want to give Tony everything...butcher inventory match.xlsx

many thanks for the help!

Re: Sort-Lookup multiple cells

This is great!

thank you!

Quote from jindon;740947

Try

Hello!

I'm trying to sort multiple columns of contact information (home, cell, bus, other) phone numbers,

the issue is that different types could be in different columns...so I'm trying to put all of the same type in the correct column..

see example,

I tried a VLookup

Code
    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP("HOME",$A2:$C2,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP("HOME",$A2:$C2,2,FALSE))

but that doesn't take into account if I have the type in a different set of columns...

Example spreadsheet attached..I have a feeling this can only be achieved through VBAforum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/64427/

many thanks!

Re: merge/remove duplicate rows but values within column may be unique

Oh I see what you mean! Yes they can have things going on multiple sites.

oh there may be more than 3....it would be dynamic, generally every 6 months, I'd be adding new sites and striking out some.
    so it could be site 1,2,3 today but may end up as 1,3,4,5,6..etc later.

I'll take a look and see if I can re-arrange the data.

thanks for the tip!

Oh I see what you mean! Yes they can have things going on multiple sites.

oh there may be more than 3....it would be dynamic, generally every 6 months, I'd be adding new sites and striking out some.
    so it could be site 1,2,3 today but may end up as 1,3,4,5,6..etc later.

Quote from StephenR;735972

I understand now. Will each unique combination only ever have one site completed or could more than one be shown? I'll look at later if nobody else has jumped in in the meantime.

if I understand you correctly, than more than one could be shown. That is, there could be more than 1 unique value in a column (site), in which case there can be duplicate rows with the unique values..

let me know if I answered your question!

thanks!

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out the logic of merging/deleting duplicate rows in a spreadsheet.

the first 5 columns are typically the duplicates, but its the columns after that that could be blank....which would make it easier..BUT there may be values in there which are unique..

what I'm trying to do is to delete duplicate rows and retain the data in each column if there is any, so have a couple of duplicates is OK since I can count the values uniquely, but am trying to get rid of the blanks without losing the values!

edit: if the values are identical in within the column, then that the duplicate does not need to be kept (updated screenshot)

this is the code I've been playing with, but it's all kinds of wrong (subscript out range) and it didn't do much of anything!

many thanks!

example screenshot of what I'm looking to do:[ATTACH=CONFIG]63643[/ATTACH]

workbook -forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/63644/

Re: merge duplicate columns

I was testing this and trying to tweaking this a bit, what if I wanted to only sort from the 6th column on (IE A:E is static data)?

Is it in changing "i" and "ii"?

many thanks!

Re: merge duplicate columns

Quote from jindon;735777

This should work

Perfect it seems to work! Thank you so much!!

Hello!

I'm having a time figuring out how to merge duplicate columns!
    I have a spreadsheet that's insanely large, there are duplicate column headers with differing data.

What I'm trying to do is iterate through the column headers, find the duplicates, and merge all the duplicate columns leaving only 1 instance of the duplicate column with the unique row retained.
    there will always be at most 1 unique row value for the a column and the rest (groceries for example) are blank

original

id groceries supplies hardware groceries charms
    1 hammer pasta
    2 matches hammer

desired result

id groceries supplies hardware charms
    1 pasta hammer
    2 matches hammer

thanks for your help in advance!

EDIT - attached sample excel file as the way the inline example came out didn't look clear :)
    forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/63626/